Andy Katz article: Spartans, Huskies to tip off in Germany | The Boneyard

Andy Katz article: Spartans, Huskies to tip off in Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's there too. Good article about the game and how MSU got involved.

Spartans, Huskies to tip off in Germany

I'm really excited for this season...regardless of outcome. I went to the UMASS-Lowell exhibition game; and I sat there watching the players and looking at the uniform, and I thought to myself, "You know what, despite everything that has happened, UConn is still UConn; and nobody can change that or take that away." There have been so many great memories, going back to the Yankee Conference, that will never diminish with time. I really hope that Kevin Ollie has tremendous success; and I'm very happy with the make-up of the coaching staff that has so many strong ties to the history of the program. And, I'm really happy to have been part of the Calhoun era...I remember running out of my house and screaming at the top of my lungs in '99 with the first NC. I've been wearing UConn gear to work every day this week to send as much mojo energy to Germany as I can.

GO HUSKIES!!!

BEAT THE SPARTANS!!!

Reaction Score
Tweets from overseas.

@DShulman_ESPN: Just wrapped up an amazing 1st day at Ramstein Air Base in Germany where Armed Forces Classic will be played Fri between UConn and Mich St

@DShulman_ESPN: The #huskies will really rely on their guards and quickness this season. Their bigs will get a huge test Fri vs the bigs of Mich St

@DShulman_ESPN: Enjoyed watching #spartans FR in person, Gary Harris, Denzel Valentine, Matt Costello - a talented group. Depth and options for Tom Izzo

@ESPNAndyKatz: Back after a very informative dinner with our military personnel, UConn/MSU practices. Late-night hoops in Germany. #Armed Forces Classic.

@ESPNAndyKatz: I cannot stress enough how powerful it is to hear the appreciation from wounded troops and civilian contractors recuperating at Landstuhl.

@ESPNAndyKatz: I don't want to hear about how an overseas game is a stunt. Not a chance. This means something to troops to see a game & receive visitors.

Reaction Score
I wish I brought my kemba uni so i could rock some UCONN gear on my way out of Belgium tomorrow evening...can't wait to see our huskies make some noise in Germany!!

Reaction Score
Picture of the court.

8a5eza2e.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352389465.116843.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352389465.116843.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 31
Reaction Score
Hard to tell but it looks like the court is raised off the floor, like at Vanderbilt.

Reaction Score
Amore was saying the shots may be off because the building is so huge. Judging from the pic the ceiling isn't any higher than the XL so I don't see that being an issue.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Amore was saying the shots may be off because the building is so huge. Judging from the pic the ceiling isn't any higher than the XL so I don't see that being an issue.

i think its a depth issue from shooting on the sides vs stright(foul line angle). like when u practice at the cuse dome before the away game there. shouldnt be bad but just a quick adjustment for the eyes. last year msu-unc u can tell was tough with the open atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom