Andy Katz and Kevin Ollie interview before first night | The Boneyard

Andy Katz and Kevin Ollie interview before first night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great interview!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
KO clearly making a conscious effort to improve his public speaking.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He sounds pretty articulate to me, and he will only improve with time.

Agreed. I would actually prefer him to be himself vs. trying to fit into the box that everyone wants to put him in. Glad that even with a deliberate effort to replace We's with We're that he is not bottling his sense of humor and passion. Get out of his office coach!

Reaction Score
Watching this interview really brought me to reality. Calhoun is gone and we have a new coach. This is new territory and a new book (not chapter) being written.

Not to be dramatic but a new journey has begun for us at UConn.

Reaction Score
It took me a little while but I am now firmly on the Ollie bandwagon. I always loved him as a player, but kind of dreamed of Shaka in the coaches seat.

By the way, first time listening to Ollie speak in a long time - I have no idea what the complaints were about, he sounded more articulate than just about any coach out there (and certainly more so than Calhoun...not saying much). We must have a bunch of Churchills on the BY.

Reaction Score
Coach Ollie is who he is.....let's not change that. A little "Compton slang" bothers you people??? C'mon he is very articulate and his words are passionate.

Some people are way too funny (anal)..........

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think I caught a dangling preposition there. He really needs to work on that. Must be what's giving folks like XRM and Parker pause.

Reaction Score
I have always argued with friends that perhaps no coach in America did more with less than Calhoun. Not to say he didn't recruit talented players, but it was often the role players that bought into the system and enabled us to win multiple championships. I am becoming more and more encouraged that Ollie will be able to do the same thing. We hear him in snippets, but the players are hearing this "ten toes in" type of motivation all the time. It may be a little folksy, but I bet it works wonders in the living room and on the practice court! Go Huskies!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He did well and he still has room to grow. I'm impressed both with his message and the way he carries himself.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Coach Ollie is who he is.....let's not change that. A little "Compton slang" bothers you people??? C'mon he is very articulate and his words are passionate.

Some people are way too funny (anal)..........

10 toes? 5 toes? What?!?!? :eek:

I have to say regardless of the lack of post-season I am so stoked to watch the new era of Connecticut basketball begin under the Kevin Ollie regime. Love this guy so far. And I didn't catch any Compton slang here like I did during his acceptance speech. But its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom