Andrew Benintendi | The Boneyard

Andrew Benintendi

Reaction Score
This 21 year-old center fielder is tearing up the Advance A league for the Salem Red Sox. He's hitting .371 showing good power, stealing bases and walking more than he strikes out. Mookie Betts has similar stats when he was there. I've got to believe that he will be moved to AA Portland soon. They certainly could use the help. The Sox have been grooming Blake Swihart for the outfield but this kid could be the heir apparent.

Reaction Score
Betts was 20 at the A level. Benintendi is 21 now and will turn 22 in July. I'd like to see him get called up (probably will be within a week I'd guess) and then we get better comps to Betts, as Betts crushed AA at the age of 21.

Regardless, they both have a lot in common at the A level - more walks than strikeouts and as many if not more extra base hits than strikeouts.

Betts - 551 plate appearances, 923 OPS, 81 BB / 57 K; 55 extra-base hits / 57 K
Benintendi - 349 plate apperances, 1005 OPS, 45 BB / 31 K; 40 extra-base hits / 31 K

So yeah, lets get Benintendi to AA, then depending on how things go maybe outside shot he gets a taste of AAA at some point in the second half with an outside shot at cracking the MLB roster out of spring..or at the very least starting next year in AAA as a 22-year-old

Having a Benintendi/Bradley/Betts outfield would be crazy athleticism and would be costing them like 2 million next year total which they need if they're going to try to replace Ortiz in the lineup with a bat like Encarnacion or replace Buchholz in the rotation with a guy like Strasburg.

Reaction Score
Benintendi moves up to Portland. Could be an all B outfield in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom