Andre The Giant And The Giant German. | The Boneyard

Andre The Giant And The Giant German.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joe D used these nicknames during the Post broadcast. I thought they stunk. Agree? Disagree? You got better?

Reaction Score
Joe D used these nicknames during the Post broadcast. I thought they stunk. Agree? Disagree? You got better?

He used "The Giant German" a few times during the game too. That is an awful nickname. Andre the Giant is ok, but not that original for such as unique player.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm a yankee fan and not only is one John Sterling too many, he is closing quickly on Tim McCarver as the most annoying sports broadcaster. Joe D would be wise not to go there.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Those are very John Sterling-y. Maybe he needs to play an official college game before he gets a nickname.

Can't really think of many UConn players that were often called by a nickname unless it was essentially their name like RIP or Smitty. 'Sticks', I think is most recent good one. Otherwise its more things similar to Okafor's nickname being "Mek", and Kemba Walkers nickname; "Kemba".

Reaction Score
When Wolf and Giffey are on the floor together, I like the Third Reich as a nickname.
You have got to be kidding, I have a great sense of humor but also a respect for history. Their is nothing funny about this Rico.

I bet Giffey and Wolfe would refuse to play with this nick.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Andre Drummond's name makes me think of Arnold Drummond (Gary Coleman) from Diff'rent Strokes... though there could not possibly be a less fitting nickname for AD

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
[QUOTEWhen Wolf and Giffey are on the floor together, I like the Third Reich as a nickname. ][/QUOTE]

This is an attempt at some form of sick humor, right?
:(

Reaction Score
When Wolf and Giffey are on the floor together, I like the Third Reich as a nickname.
I'm sure most Germans today would not like to be associated with Nazis. I'm sure most UConn fans wouldn't like it either.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You have got to be kidding, I have a great sense of humor but also a respect for history. Their is nothing funny about this Rico.

I bet Giffey and Wolfe would refuse to play with this nick.

Rico's crime is not offensiveness. It's a complete lack of funniness.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Rico's crime is not offensiveness. It's a complete lack of funniness.

No, it is offensive, and I'm not even Jewish; I'm a full blooded Lithuanian Christian

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'm sure the students will come up with something cool for nicknames for the guys. I saw the German flag last year and them saying ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy oye oye oye. Side note I hope Drummond tears the hoop down mainly on cuse and pitt

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yikes. Didn't intend to offend anybody. Sorry.

Reaction Score
You should have gone with the "fourth Reich". It would still have been extremely offensive, but at least it would have made more sense.

Reaction Score
Sticks was great. Did joe d coin the nickname cancer for Jerome? Andre the giant isnt very creative but not terrible. Giffey needs a nickname if only to alleviate the embarrassment of mispronunciation.

Reaction Score
Joe D. has used the term "tricky dribbles" one time too many. Time for some new material.

Reaction Score
Sticks was great. Did joe d coin the nickname cancer for Jerome? Andre the giant isnt very creative but not terrible. Giffey needs a nickname if only to alleviate the embarrassment of mispronunciation.

Hot Wheels Niels? Someone on the old board had a good name for him: Giffey of the Tiger.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With a name like Wolf no need for nicknames.
Jeremy needs a nickname. He is either Smooooth or Go Go Gadget!
Andre is WTF! And right now that can go in both directions.

Reaction Score
I'd say that the good WTF greatly outweighs the bad WTF so far, I have never seen a guy his size move that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom