Andre Jackson's motivation and it's not a surprise | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson's motivation and it's not a surprise

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I got a kick out of this story by Amore in today's Hartford Courant. I hope he sticks around Uconn for awhile because this gives you a real insight to his charachter and love for the game.

Reaction Score
"There are times when he may be too strong a passer for his own good, passing up shots or delivering no-looks to teammates who are not ready."

Reminds me of when i watched Jason Kidd in college. If Ajax could really develop his offensive game he could be a special PG in the NBA. I hope he gets his game because he can be a star at the next level.

Reaction Score
Pete's college coach was a little easier on him than AJ's college coach has been (so far).. It was his Dad.

Reaction Score
His father may have been a very good coach but he seems like an even better father

Reaction Score
"There are times when he may be too strong a passer for his own good, passing up shots or delivering no-looks to teammates who are not ready."

Reminds me of when i watched Jason Kidd in college. If Ajax could really develop his offensive game he could be a special PG in the NBA. I hope he gets his game because he can be a star at the next level.

I said this numerous times last year. Dre should watch tape of Jason Kidd. Kidd had the same sort of court vision and eventually Kidd made himself a very good 3-point shooter. Of course, if his game starts to resemble Maravich, how could you complain.

Reaction Score
I said this numerous times last year. Dre should watch tape of Jason Kidd. Kidd had the same sort of court vision and eventually Kidd made himself a very good 3-point shooter. Of course, if his game starts to resemble Maravich, how could you complain.
Luckily UConn fan's expectations aren't too high with comps of Kidd and Maravich.
Next question on this progression: Is Andre the most athletic Jackson since Bo?

Reaction Score
There is no one that has a more vested interest in his development than Andre...and he gets it. I think it was Kamani that said in his 10-years, he has never seen a player work harder.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am not the biggest AJ fan but cudos for the kid to put in all the extra work and having his head screwed on straight.
Hard work pays off and I hope it does for AJ. He is a freak athlete and when it all comes together - watch out.

Reaction Score
I got a kick out of this story by Amore in today's Hartford Courant. I hope he sticks around Uconn for awhile because this gives you a real insight to his charachter and love for the game.

this was an excellent article, I didn't know why he chose to wear #44, now I do. Pistol Pete was a great example of not only a basketball player but, was also a great mentor as a person. I also hope he sticks around for awhile as well.

Loved this quote; “He made the game fun,” Jackson said. “And he passed away playing the game. He passed away doing the thing he loved the most, and that’s something I gravitate toward. He was a believer in God, as I am as well, a believer in Jesus, a great basketball player and my mentor.”

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Pete's college coach was a little easier on him than AJ's college coach has been (so far).. It was his Dad.
I don't know about that sometimes the Dads can be much harder - just look at the Boeheim boys. Seriously Pete played with a congenital heart malformation - nothing more needs to be said

Reaction Score
I think him turning into a Kidd type pg is far more realistic than him becoming Maravich. You have to take into account that Pete was clearly not human.

Reaction Score
Amore's article led me to read the Wikipedia entry on Maravich. Very revealing. Claims that the "Pistol Pete" moniker came from his long-range shooting style, the shot beginning at hip-level, as if drawing a pistol. This, of course, exactly describes AJ's unorthodox shooting style. It is not the unfortunate legacy of bad high school coaching. It is a conscious, deliberate emulation of Pistol Pete Maravich.

Worth noting that this style has yielded a 13 for 25 result from 3-point range so far this year. How good is that? Well, AJ could miss his next 14 three-pointers and still be shooting 33%.

I tell you, it's becoming very hard to contain one's excitement at AJ's possibilities.

Reaction Score
More athletic, and less aggressive Daniel Hamilton. Relax with the pistol Pete and Jason kids talk

Reaction Score
Pistol Pete Maravich
96E72EB2-10FA-4DFB-B404-6B67B1201045.gif

Reaction Score
Andre's rebounding is really making a difference too. When he's next to Sanogo, it's as if balls are getting ripped out of the air around the basket. And then there's blocked shots...

With our strength inside, I think we're going to be a real challenge for pretty much anyone. Now we just need a little more scoring consistency.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
More athletic, and less aggressive Daniel Hamilton. Relax with the pistol Pete and Jason kids talk
He’s more aggressive than Hamilton was.

Reaction Score
Huge AJ fan. He picked a great mentor from a hard work standpoint in Pistol Pete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom