Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
One of my favorite players does a lot well, rebounding, assists but I don't know how we have 2 perimeter shooting guards with him in that slot.

Reaction Score
3 or 4 other shooters on the floor will really maximize his potential, both as a passer, and to give him maximum space to start learning to get to the cup and throwing it down. He was AMAZING the last 10-12 games of the season.

Reaction Score
Jackson shot a very respectable .361 from the arc for the year. And he passed up a ton of wide open shots from three this season. For some reason his confidence wasn't as high as his ability.

Reaction Score
Jackson shot a very respectable .361 from the arc for the year. And he passed up a ton of wide open shots from three this season. For some reason his confidence wasn't as high as his ability.

A lot of it has to do with how limited he is in his footwork. He isn't going to shoot off of screens or off the dribble consistently. He needs to be deeply set and totally on-balance to hit it. If his feet and balance are feeling just a little bit off, he caves and doesn't take it.

Expanding his repertoire shooting it to include a couple off-the-dribble moves, or running off some curl screens would help him a lot. Making layups would probably do more though.

Reaction Score
Lack of confidence is a virus that infected everyone but Cole and Martin on offense. Lack of confidence also impacts player development.

Reaction Score
It's ugly, but it had respectable results this year. He just needs to be better about shot selection. He passed up a number of wide open looks and took a few too many contested step-backs for my liking. I have faith that will continue to improve over the off-season.

My bigger must-have for him is improving his ability to get to the basket off the bounce and finish. I know that's partially tied to his forcing defenders to respect the 3 point shot more, but he NEEDS to develop his ability to finish. There was definite improvement in the floater later in the season, but his confidence driving is just non-existent. Would make him a far more effective player.

Reaction Score
While I love Jackson’t heart and hustle after last nights game I am wondering if he should play the amount of minutes he does each game - we need more offensive production and someone who wants the ball in their hands to shoot. Passing is great but folks we need points on the board!

He is the heart of the team but the expectation needs to be more scoring or split the minutes with someone more offensively inclined. I still think he can be incredible next year but this automatic pass to essentially play the whole game was a mistake this year and it will be even a bigger mistake next year. I hope he does well though - great kid.

Reaction Score
The reason andre shoots that floater is because his form is too weird to shoot a regular pull up or a step back or anything like that.

With that said, he’s proven that he puts the work in and is going to improve. Not worried about him or Sanogo for next season. Everyone else is a question mark.

Reaction Score

Other teams dare him to shoot. Yes .361 is respectable, but can he maintain that % if he increases his shots? I don’t think so.

Reaction Score
A lot of it has to do with how limited he is in his footwork. He isn't going to shoot off of screens or off the dribble consistently. He needs to be deeply set and totally on-balance to hit it. If his feet and balance are feeling just a little bit off, he caves and doesn't take it.

Expanding his repertoire shooting it to include a couple off-the-dribble moves, or running off some curl screens would help him a lot. Making layups would probably do more though.

He requires a lot of time and space to get his shot off. He needs to acquire the proper mechanics or we cannot continue to give him the same minutes or we get the same results.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite players does a lot well, rebounding, assists but I don't know how we have 2 perimeter shooting guards with him in that slot.
If we are relying on Jackson to become a key go to player next year we are in trouble. He can't shoot to save his life besides when wide open with that shot put he has. He doesn't have the form or mechanics to do a proper jump shot and that isn't something you learn in one off-season. His defense is lazy relying on trying to steal or block people from behind. Even his passing is very lazy and not exact at times. Yeah he has a nice highlight reel pass every so often but we need to be finding a true wing player who can give us much more. I rather have him coming off the bench as a spark plug with the second team providing extra ball handling and pushing the ball.

Reaction Score
I did not realize how little AJ played last year. Avg 16 minutes, took 39 shots (2-17 on 3's) all season. His game, though flawed, showed a lot of growth. No reason to think it won't continue.

Reaction Score
For him to next level hs needs a spot up jumper not a set shot. This is not the Bob Cousy era. Is that possible?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom