Andre Jackson is still contributing while struggling offensively | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson is still contributing while struggling offensively

Reaction Score

For anyone needing an AJ chill pill, Hurley has this for you to take:

"We weren't able to put a whole lot into our offensive game plan to feature Andre, because he literally had been out and missed every single practice until the last day before Wilmington. So, we just haven't had time to really structure things offensively, where he can be successful."

Nice to have a starter playing his way back, without pressure. Scoring or not, he still is one of our best players. Patience is required.

Anyway my Granddad always said "Its better to understand than be understood".

Reaction Score

For anyone needing an AJ chill pill, Hurley has this for you to take:

"We weren't able to put a whole lot into our offensive game plan to feature Andre, because he literally had been out and missed every single practice until the last day before Wilmington. So, we just haven't had time to really structure things offensively, where he can be successful."

Nice to have a starter playing his way back, without pressure. Scoring or not, he still is one of our best players. Patience is required.

Anyway my Granddad always said "Its better to understand than be understood".
Yep
That dude is gonna win a lot of games for us even while scoring only a few points. His D and ability to push and kick out will be beautiful to watch all year!

Reaction Score
Credit for UConn's first half run against Alabama has been given mostly to Joey C and DC, but here's what AJ contributed in a period of just 2 1/2 minutes:

• assist to Karaban for corner 3-pointer (10:15)
  • steal and driving layup (rebounded own missed shot) (9:40)
  • defensive rebound outlet backward over his shoulders to Joey C (while leaping into the crowd) (9:25)
  • driving layup from top of the key (7:45)

Reaction Score
I am very interested to see what role they have in mind for him offensively.

Although he has a good handle and can pass well, I don’t think he can initiate/run a half court offense well. So “point forward” doesn’t really work, other than grabbing boards and getting out in transition.

He’s not a threat to shoot and can’t/won’t get to the rim, so he doesn’t fit naturally in a 4 out offense.

Ultimately that leaves him in a no man’s land, where we kind of throw him out there and hope all his positive contributions (defense, rebounding, etc) outweigh his lack of offense.

It’s too bad because he obviously has the tools. Just can’t seem to put it together on the offensive end. Will see as he recovers from injury and gets re-integrated into the offense if anything significantly changes.

Reaction Score
I still think he is solid against zone at the free throw line. I don’t think he can turn and shoot, but you can throw the ball in high and he will get the ball to the open shooter.

Reaction Score
Ultimately that leaves him in a no man’s land, where we kind of throw him out there and hope all his positive contributions (defense, rebounding, etc) outweigh his lack of offense.

Which it does more often than not, which is a huge testament to his effort and skillset

Andre doesn’t need to score the ball. We have Sanogo, Hawkins, Newton, and even Karaban for that.

I said it in another thread but if he can make his open threes at a 33% rate, and leave everything else the same, he’ll be a Husky favorite for a long time. I agree his offense can be frustrating, but he ALWAYS makes up for it later with great plays

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom