Andre Jackson Growing Up | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Growing Up

Reaction Score
Andre was a real bright spot today. While I wish he would look to penetrate more, he had a variety of nice plays today. When he gains confidence in his handle he is going to be an absolute beast to contend with. That one sequence with a killer block and nice assist for a dunk shows how special this kid can be in time.

Tough loss, but I consider Andre's play today to be a real positive and a reason for optimism.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
These two are the bedrock of our foundation.

It was supposed to be James and Akok, but they are MIA this year, so we will wait another year to try and be a tournament team.

I am very frustrated right now because I really thought this would be the year to make the tournament, but it is clear we just arent as talented.

If in year four we don't make the tourney, I dont think we have the right leadership in place.

Reaction Score
These two are the bedrock of our foundation.

It was supposed to be James and Akok, but they are MIA this year, so we will wait another year to try and be a tournament team.

I am very frustrated right now because I really thought this would be the year to make the tournament, but it is clear we just arent as talented.

If in year four we don't make the tourney, I dont think we have the right leadership in place.
Absolutely. You can pencil in Jackson, Hawkins, and Sanogo as starters next season. Akok is the wild card.

If we don't make the tournament next year, man I don't even want to think about that.

Reaction Score
Akok not being back in some way is pretty concerning. And I don’t believe the BS about a “shin bruise”.

Reaction Score
Yea unless Bouk comes back I don’t see anyone that should be playing in front of Jackson.

In terms of players I want on the court I’d have to rank:

Sanogo
Jackson
Gaffney(please just play aggressive)
Martin
Cole
Whaley

Reaction Score
Yea unless Bouk comes back I don’t see anyone that should be playing in front of Jackson.

In terms of players I want on the court I’d have to rank:

Sanogo
Jackson
Gaffney(please just play aggressive)
Martin
Cole
Whaley
I'm good with 4 of those guys and whichever PG is playing well for the whole game. Nobody else has earned any minutes

Reaction Score
I'm good with 4 of those guys and whichever PG is playing well for the whole game. Nobody else has earned any minutes
I guess the positive is that those guys are coming back, and we’re bringing in some good help. I think we do need to get another guy for 2021 maybe Burnett or Cross.

Reaction Score
I guess the positive is that those guys are coming back, and we’re bringing in some good help. I think we do need to get another guy for 2021 maybe Burnett or Cross.
We need to use Brown's scholarship for a scorer. And then probably another one with Bouk's scholarship once that opens. There's nobody who can consistently get a basket on this team

Reaction Score
We need to use Brown's scholarship for a scorer. And then probably another one with Bouk's scholarship once that opens. There's nobody who can consistently get a basket on this team
Hoping that could be Sanogo. Martin has just collapsed these past 2 games and he was our guy I guess.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Sanogo will pretty much be an automatic bucket down low next year and I think Hawkins will probably be legit from day 1 but we need another major bucket getter.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Sanogo will pretty much be an automatic bucket down low next year and I think Hawkins will probably be legit from day 1 but we need another major bucket getter.
I think Samson could help, Gaff and Jackson have shown flashes that they can score too.

Reaction Score
Andre was a real bright spot today. While I wish he would look to penetrate more, he had a variety of nice plays today. When he gains confidence in his handle he is going to be an absolute beast to contend with. That one sequence with a killer block and nice assist for a dunk shows how special this kid can be in time.

Tough loss, but I consider Andre's play today to be a real positive and a reason for optimism.
Jackson and sanogo are building blocks for sure, but this team without bouknight stinks.

Reaction Score
I think Martin could fill that role. What we need more than anything is leadership, as in a point guard who will attack the press and look to penetrate.

Reaction Score
At what point do we give Jackson the keys?
First off we give him BAdams mins. which is already starting to happen. We continue to let him walk for the rest of this weird season. Next season we give him the keys with no curfew!

Reaction Score
I think Samson could help, Gaff and Jackson have shown flashes that they can score too.
Jackson is going to be a star but I'm not sure he'll ever be the guy to get you an automatic bucket. It still looks like we'll need more scoring for next year and we need leadership. Diggins has the lead dog personality and game but it's a pretty big ask for a freshman. We will have a lot of talent next season and there should be no excuses in year 4.

Reaction Score
I think Martin could fill that role. What we need more than anything is leadership, as in a point guard who will attack the press and look to penetrate.
I think Jackson and Diggins will be the guys to break presses and break down defenses going to the hole.

Reaction Score
I really been impressed by his passing I think he is easily the best passer on the team.. as stated in previous posts once he gets a lil more comfortable the kid is going to be a PROBLEM for the rest of the league

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Akok not being back in some way is pretty concerning. And I don’t believe the BS about a “shin bruise”.
My guess, and that's all it is, is shin splints from trying to come back too fast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom