Andre Drummond - Not Your Typical NBA Superstar | The Boneyard

Andre Drummond - Not Your Typical NBA Superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Huskies were fresh off a national championship, and it was the final season of Hall-of-Fame coach Jim Calhoun's career. But Drummond's free-throw struggles reared its ugly head. He missed 26 of his 88 attempts.

That's 70%. I thought that number was suspect so I looked it up. Actually he made 26 of 88 (30%) - http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2011-2012/teamcume.html. That makes more sense.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
The Huskies were fresh off a national championship, and it was the final season of Hall-of-Fame coach Jim Calhoun's career. But Drummond's free-throw struggles reared its ugly head. He missed 26 of his 88 attempts.

That's 70%. I thought that number was suspect so I looked it up. Actually he made 26 of 88 (30%) - http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2011-2012/teamcume.html. That makes more sense.
The Huskies were fresh off a national championship, and it was the final season of Hall-of-Fame coach Jim Calhoun's career. Drummond's free throw struggles reared their ugly head. He made 26 of his 88 attempts.

I mentioned it to the author...he told me it looked good to him. It reads correctly now...not sure what happened.

Other than that...what do you all think?

Reaction Score
loved reading this. SI did a similarly in-depth piece a couple months ago that focused more on his high school years in middletown, i think.

andre is a great representative of connecticut basketball!

Reaction Score
The Huskies were fresh off a national championship, and it was the final season of Hall-of-Fame coach Jim Calhoun's career. Drummond's free throw struggles reared their ugly head. He made 26 of his 88 attempts.

I mentioned it to the author...he told me it looked good to him. It reads correctly now...not sure what happened.

Other than that...what do you all think?
He fixed it. I'm sure that's what he meant to say.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
He fixed it. I'm sure that's what he meant to say.
No. I mentioned to him while I was going to the page. No way he could beat me to it. I had to tell him nevermind. Maybe an editor caught it or something.

Reaction Score
Like Wilt and Shaq.

Wilt shot 51% from the line for his career and Shaq shot 53%. Andre is shooting 35% from the line this year. Thats a pretty big difference. Gotta think he can get up into the 50's with some work on it.

Reaction Score
Wilt shot 51% from the line for his career and Shaq shot 53%. Andre is shooting 35% from the line this year. Thats a pretty big difference. Gotta think he can get up into the 50's with some work on it.
He should try underhanded, like Wilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3