Andre Blake - Hartford Courant article | The Boneyard

Andre Blake - Hartford Courant article

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Blake is an unbelievable talent - I've been watching UConn soccer since the mid 60's and have seen a ton of great keeper talent but the minute I saw Andre during summer pre freshman year I knew he was something special.
His play with the Jamaican National team has been wonderful as well as in the MLS
He deserves the opportunity to taste the EPL - he will not disappoint

Reaction Score
Blake’s a Connecticut alum and all, but “one of the best in the world at his goalkeeping craft” is a reach. If Amore’s worldly generousity carried much water, Blake would have escaped MLS for a top 4 European league years ago.

Reaction Score
Blake’s a Connecticut alum and all, but “one of the best in the world at his goalkeeping craft” is a reach. If Amore’s worldly generousity carried much water, Blake would have escaped MLS for a top 4 European league years ago.
He's the best goalie in a top 10 league in the world. There are definitely worse starting keepers in France and probably in Spain/Germany. Article makes it seem like he's waiting for the EPL

Reaction Score
C’mon, Blake’s good, but a good goalie in generously a lower top 10-ranked league globally is not “one of the best in the world at his goalkeeping craft”. If Blake ever was, a team in a higher-ranked and respected league than MLS would have snapped him up long before pushing 29. The article makes Amore appear clueless about international soccer and/or a naive MLS fan boy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom