Andra Espinoza-Hunter to UConn | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Put her on the floor with Lou as a zone buster.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW is right!!!!!!

Guess she like our style.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Andra was a teammate of Saniya at Ossining. She now plays for Blair Academy in NJ, the same school that Sadie Edwards graduated from. Blue Star has her as the #5 recruit for 2017. At Ossining she was a guard approx 5'9" in height. She started playing HS Ball in the 7th grade. She attended the Duke vs UConn game.

Info from Kevin Lynch. :https://twitter.com/klhoops

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What do we know about her? she's not in the top 25 of either HG or PN...

Reaction Score
Andra was a teammate of Saniya at Ossining. She now plays for Blair Academy in NJ, the same school that Sadie Edwards graduated from. Blue Star has her as the #5 recruit for 2017. At Ossining she was a guard approx 5'9" in height. She started playing HS Ball in the 7th grade. She attended the Duke vs UConn game.

Info from Kevin Lynch. :https://twitter.com/klhoops

I thought she was a bit taller than 5'9". Though maybe I'm just being confused by the perspective or other stuff:

BDb3fIcCMAAMdSa.jpg:large

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star writeup from two weeks ago:

Andra Espinoza – Hunter has been on the recruiting radar for some time now and continues to turn heads with her strong play. The 5-10 guard from Blair Academy has the tools to create options in transition or out of sets in the halfcourt. Her size and agility make her challenge off the cut or when she puts the ball on the floor, which seems to be her preference more often than not. As she’s matured she’s doing a better job of reading defenses and recognizing options for both herself and her teammates. On the drive Espinoza – Hunter can slash in the paint and work effectively in traffic. Her ability to drive should get her double figure attempts at the line almost every time out. The perimeter shot is smooth with range and has quality elevation for clean looks. The defense is evolving and the tools are there for her to be just as effective at both ends of the floor with right approach.

http://bluestarmedia.us/index.php/blogmain/marksblog/item/1081-tina-thompson-she-got-game-classic

Reaction Score
Congratulations! So happy and excited for Andra Espinoza - Hunter's verbal. These early, high quality verbals are good for my heart and blood pressure. That said I am only 49! I am so looking forward to watching Andra play for UCONN. To those who said UConn's recruiting would drop off in the AAC - NOT so! These top recruits want to play for a WINNER!

Here's an (relatively) oldie but a goodie picture of Andra with the maestro.

A_6yIj0CEAAGsVc.jpg-large.jpeg

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Congratulations! So happy and excited for Andra Espinoza - Hunter's verbal. These early, high quality verbals are good for my heart and blood pressure. That said I am only 49! I am so looking forward to watching Andra play for UCONN. To those who said UConn's recruiting would drop off in the AAC - NOT so! These top recruits want to play for a WINNER!

Here's an (relatively) oldie but a goodie picture of Andra with the maestro.

View attachment 7997

You think you're old, my forced IRA withdrawal is less than a year away. When a soph commits, let alone a senior, I have to wonder if I'll be around to see them or have enough of a mind left to know what I'm watching. But on a brighter note GO HUSKIES and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

PS. I'm sure that picture of her and Geno, and her and Maya will find its way into the NCAA compliance office. unless, of course, those are GA and MM look alikes.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I was in the Albany Civic Center to watch Breanna's Cicero team beat Ossining [by a lot] in the state tourney. Breanna a senior...Saniya
a junior and Andra a 7th grader. I had heard of the precocious 7th grader but am forced to admit that I only had eyes for Stewie and Saniya.
Breanna had 42/24...in my top 3 high school games ever...Saniya had 21 after a dismal start with her shooting.
Anyone have a link to a recent video of Andra's game???

BTW: that venue is hosting a regional come March...pretty close by for Huskie fans. It is not exactly a charming arena but if UConn is playing there
that is charm enough.

Reaction Score
2016: G Jefferson, F Stewie
2017: G Chong, F Tuck
2018: G Nurse, W Ekmark, F Williams, C Butler
2019: W KLS, F Collier, F Boykin
2020: G Dangerfield, F Irwin
2021: G Espinoza-Hunter

2016: 11
2017: 11+
2018: 10+

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Was hoping she might come to UCONN. I believe she's been interested (and UCONN's been interested) since she played with Chong at Ossining.

Reaction Score
2016: G Jefferson, F Stewie
2017: G Chong, F Tuck
2018: G Nurse, W Ekmark, F Williams, C Butler
2019: W KLS, F Collier, F Boykin
2020: G Dangerfield, F Irwin
2021: G Espinoza-Hunter

2016: 11
2017: 11+
2018: 10+
what?

Status