Anderson at Fullback | The Boneyard

Anderson at Fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does the fact that we burned our #3 QB's redshirt last week, for just one or two plays at FB, tell us?

Anderson came here with three years to play 2. Shirreffs will be here through his departure. But, had he redshirted this year, Boyle would be gone for the 2017 season. Assuming HCBD wasn't just being wacky Bob again, I think the safe assumption is that the staff has already decided that at least Davis (putting aside anyone else coming next fall) will be ahead of Anderson by then. Meaning that Anderson is expendable as a QB for anything other than depth.

Assuming that's the case, good for the young man that he wants to help the team enough to take snaps at FB, and good for the Staff to find a way that he can help the team. Given the Staff's penchant this year to find one or two plays that a little used sub can help the team with ....

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Athletes are athletes. If they are versatile....use them. I am good with this.

Reaction Score
Wait. Anderson played FB last Friday night? Wasn't that Rutherford? I'm totally confused.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Wait. Anderson played FB last Friday night? Wasn't that Rutherford? I'm totally confused.

Apparently both did, but it appears that Rutherford spent a lot more time there comparatively.

Reaction Score
It's reasonable to think the staff has assessed Anderson relative to Sherieffs, Boyle, Davis and think he is 4th best available QB in 2016. No? If True, he'd stand to be 3rd best in 2017 before considering how years incoming class develops.

That said, he looked like a dog chasing a car in his one play.

Reaction Score
It's reasonable to think the staff has assessed Anderson relative to Sherieffs, Boyle, Davis and think he is 4th best available QB in 2016. No? If True, he'd stand to be 3rd best in 2017 before considering how years incoming class develops.

That said, he looked like a dog chasing a car in his one play.

I didn't notice the play, but that's not good. He has a FB's body. How does one train a dog to not chase the car but run into it?

Reaction Score
I didn't notice the play, but that's not good. He has a FB's body. How does one train a dog to not chase the car but run into it?
Ha. I recall bill parcells saying that about a rookie LB once. Want to say Chris Slade. Made me giggle at the time, it's what I thought of when I saw the play.

Reaction Score
The car usually trains the dog. Makes for a short car chasing career.

Reaction Score
How can 3 players use the same # in one game??? is that legal?

Reaction Score
How can 3 players use the same # in one game??? is that legal?

They can't, at least not on the same side of the ball. Which tells me that Anderson didn't actually play.

Reaction Score
I just caught where the Courant reported that he played and continues to work with the RB's.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
What does the fact that we burned our #3 QB's redshirt last week, for just one or two plays at FB, tell us?
Assuming that's the case, good for the young man that he wants to help the team enough to take snaps at FB, and good for the Staff to find a way that he can help the team.

Agree. And I wouldn't be surprised (actually I hope) to see him used in some special situations/plays where he can utilize his arm if the opportunity presents itself.

Reaction Score
kid's an athlete
older, married guy maybe doesn't plan on being here 3 years
wants to get on the field and sees this as best shot
no one knows what will happen come 2017
trick play is coming
pulling out all stops to get to 6 wins
we may never see Clax again, except on the back of a milk carton

Reaction Score
I think this is a good thing.

Last year we thought it was crazy that BD didn't do all he could to redshirt TB. It turns out that it likely won't matter in the long run, and it's probably good that we just free up a scholarship a year early (win). Maybe this is the same situation ? Maybe the kid just wants to get on the field ?

This likely means that Davis is ahead on the QB depth chart, which is fantastic !!!

Reaction Score

Anderson came here with three years to play 2. Shirreffs will be here through his departure. But, had he redshirted this year, Boyle would be gone for the 2017 season. Assuming HCBD wasn't just being wacky Bob again, I think the safe assumption is that the staff has already decided that at least Davis (putting aside anyone else coming next fall) will be ahead of Anderson by then. Meaning that Anderson is expendable as a QB for anything other than depth.

Assuming that's the case, good for the young man that he wants to help the team enough to take snaps at FB, and good for the Staff to find a way that he can help the team. Given the Staff's penchant this year to find one or two plays that a little used sub can help the team with ....

BL, no pizzing match but unless UCONN is cooking the books nobody by the name of Anderson has entered a recent game. I could be wrong, I was once. ;) I doubt the participation report would get away with anything dumb under Silly Bob. Inside tells me there is not a base he does not cover.
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2015-2016/game09.html
I respect your posts and the view from....If this was in sarcasm, you simply got me.

Reaction Score
BL, no pizzing match but unless UCONN is cooking the books nobody by the name of Anderson has entered a recent game. I could be wrong, I was once. ;) I doubt the participation report would get away with anything dumb under Silly Bob. Inside tells me there is not a base he does not cover.
I respect your posts and the view from....If this was in sarcasm, you simply got me.

The participation report is wrong... Anderson wearing #24 played last game.
CS1ebv0VEAABEtR.jpg

Reaction Score

the participation reports have never been reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul