OT: - and you thought the finances of the WNBA is rockbottom, look at the NWHL | The Boneyard

OT: and you thought the finances of the WNBA is rockbottom, look at the NWHL

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Women's professional hockey looks like it will soon be removed from North America.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Women's professional hockey looks like it will soon be removed from North America.

Can't blame them if they're making below minimum wage....unfortunately that's the harsh reality of women's team sports right now. Hopefully they can find some sponsors or the NHL can burden the cost to help grow the women's game.

Reaction Score
My wife saw the news that the women hockey players were boycotting the season going across the bottom of the tv screen last night and said to me, "Will anyone notice?"

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn't know there were any pro leagues. I found women's ice hockey to be underwhelming, although I watched in the Olympics. I don't know why - women's team sports are pretty much our favorites - I prefer softball to baseball, women's volleyball to men's volleyball and WBB by far to men's basketball. For that matter, women's Lacrosse more than men's, and while I'm neither a field hockey nor rugby fan, liked the women's games better than the men in both cases, as well (Olympics).

While I don't follow ice hockey much anymore (its been 30 years or more since I did) I still enjoy the men's version more than the women.

To the over-arching point - um, yep, the audience just isn't there to support women's sports on a pro level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom