And with that win, Kansas ties UConn with 4 titles, and yet.... | The Boneyard

And with that win, Kansas ties UConn with 4 titles, and yet....

Reaction Score
I have seen no mention of that in any articles I have read. They all state that Kansas won championship 4, but none mention that it ties UConn. I strongly feel that if it was the other way around, let's say that Nova or Lville get #4 (next year for example) every article would mention "and with title 4, Nova/Lville ties Kansas). And you just know that if Kansas got 5 before Duke got their next, every article would mention that Kansas, with 5, ties Duke or if UNC got their 7th and eventually 8th, how they tied Kentucky. And so on.

Just find it....interesting, IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do people wake up and look for reasons to be offfended?
I don’t think I like your attitude mister!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have seen no mention of that in any articles I have read. They all state that Kansas won championship 4, but none mention that it ties UConn. I strongly feel that if it was the other way around, let's say that Nova or Lville get #4 (next year for example) every article would mention "and with title 4, Nova/Lville ties Kansas). And you just know that if Kansas got 5 before Duke got their next, every article would mention that Kansas, with 5, ties Duke or if UNC got their 7th and eventually 8th, how they tied Kentucky. And so on.

Nobody cares. UConn fans seems obsessed with counting them for some reason, like badge of honor. For KU, it's honestly a lot less impressive than not missing the tournament since 1989. 32 year old fans have never known a year when they didn't make it.

Reaction Score
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Reaction Score
I doubt it. UNC didn’t even get a talking to for their violations
Difference is Kansas asked for an IARP investigation like LSU just did, which means it's outside NCAA control and they can't appeal any of it. Same thing LSU did and they just got hit

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Difference is Kansas asked for an IARP investigation like LSU just did, which means it's outside NCAA control and they can't appeal any of it. Same thing LSU did and they just got hit
As someone who doesn't want them to get hit, I think they certainly could get hit.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
I get that this a UConn board but get real. The headlines are going to be all about KU the next few days and deservedly so. Outside of CT, nobody cares how many championships UConn has won.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is a great place. We simultaneously have a thread complaining about Dickie V always inserting Duke into every basketball discussion and another one complaining that people aren't inserting UConn into the discussion about Kansas winning a national championship. Never change

Reaction Score
I don't really get the obsession with counting. Winning is a blast. Yet the March Madness Method isn't really set up to determine the best overall team, not with a fixed 68 team bracket. There are matchups, upsets, and chaos. We just had a 1 seed beat an 8 seed for the title. An 8 seed spotted 15 points to play 20 minutes and blew it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I did notice this in a couple of places where they said Kansas with 4 championships is tied for 6th and then went on to list every program ahead of them and the titles they had won.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This was the main reason I was pulling for UNC. I loved being able to say, "We have more titles than Kansas. And they hired Naismith!"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Your posts suggests that there was no mention that the last time an NCAA Champion defeated an 8 Seed in the Finals was 2014, when UConn defeated Kentucky.

For those enamored by asterisks, as one comes off the 2nd Street Bridge from Clarksville, IN to downtown Louisville, a curious artifact is attached to a building on the east side of the street.

The Yelp link tells the story (and provides pictures) better than I could, because it injects the fan perspective.

2013 NCAA Championship Banner

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You don't.
This is a "what have you done for me lately" world. Kids being recruited now were born in 2004, 2005? But they also aren't just focused on winning a title, they want to win conference championships, go to NCAA regionals, go to the Final Four. Same with most fans. The "titles or nothing" attitude is nonsense.

UConn needs to take care of its own business and not worry about what other programs are doing. Get back to winning conference championships and games in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom