And We Will Rise Up | The Boneyard

And We Will Rise Up

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Love that song Rise Up. But this is an article about our own Rise Up Huskies:

"With the University of Connecticut's American Athletic Conference victory over Temple at the XL Center in Hartford Sunday, the Huskies matched Louisiana's Tech win total of 1,108. Tennessee is the all-time leader in Division I with 1,340 victories. Top-ranked UConn can claim the second spot to itself Wednesday night with a league win against Tulane at Devlin Fieldhouse in New Orleans (SNY, 8 p.m.)."

The guy just loves saying things like this: "But who's had a 20-year run like this, ever? We have. That's it."

Oh, and that last Tulane game down there last year, well Gabby is still upset, which does not bode well for the Tulane Pelicans.

"We remember it, and we're still kind of upset about it," UConn All-American Gabby Williams said. "We have a new goal when we go down there this week. Of course, Kia not playing had a big impact. But the guys who were playing still didn't really show up, especially myself. I was really disappointed in my play that game. Yeah, there is a whole combination of things that didn't go well for us that game."

Huskies on the rise heading to Tulane

Anybody going to rise up unafraid it is Gabby.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So to tie Tennessee’s winning percentage, Geno needs to go 329-9? Or just hope Holly keeps coaching and Geno only has to go .750 for the next few years? :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tulane Pelicans? :confused:

The Angry wave mascot has not been the official mascot for almost 2 decades, though it refuses to die and tons of logo wear are sold with Gumby the Wave, yeah Gumby. every year. But: "Gumby was replaced with a new pelican mascot, recalling the university seal, and the fact that a pelican was often used in the first half of the century as the emblem of Tulane's athletics teams. The pelican is also the Louisiana state bird and is found on the state flag and state seal. The name "Riptide" was selected for the performing pelican by the administration after a vote of the student body in which the students actually voted that the pelican be named "Pecker." The pelican mascot name may have been so voted as the student body had also overwhelmingly voted for Poseidon to be the mascot. Poseidon was rejected by the administration and student body government because it could be portrayed as a white male. In 2014, Tulane changed the color of the "wave" above the "T" from a seafoam green to a color closer to lime green."

You asked ... sort of. Tulane Green Wave - Wikipedia

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The Angry wave mascot has not been the official mascot for almost 2 decades, though it refuses to die and tons of logo wear are sold with Gumby the Wave, yeah Gumby. every year. But: "Gumby was replaced with a new pelican mascot, recalling the university seal, and the fact that a pelican was often used in the first half of the century as the emblem of Tulane's athletics teams. The pelican is also the Louisiana state bird and is found on the state flag and state seal. The name "Riptide" was selected for the performing pelican by the administration after a vote of the student body in which the students actually voted that the pelican be named "Pecker." The pelican mascot name may have been so voted as the student body had also overwhelmingly voted for Poseidon to be the mascot. Poseidon was rejected by the administration and student body government because it could be portrayed as a white male. In 2014, Tulane changed the color of the "wave" above the "T" from a seafoam green to a color closer to lime green."

You asked ... sort of. Tulane Green Wave - Wikipedia
OK - I know it is from the article - but Poseidon was rejected because it could be portrayed as a white male???? Isn't Poseidon a Greek God and (I suppose) a more or less White Male (as opposed to "could be portrayed as").

And secondly, a number of mascots including the Notre Dame Leprechaun, WV Mountaineer, Scarlet Knight and Seton Hall Pirate, among others, are "white males". I just don't get it.

At least we have Wildcats out here in AZ.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
OK - I know it is from the article - but Poseidon was rejected because it could be portrayed as a white male???? Isn't Poseidon a Greek God and (I suppose) a more or less White Male (as opposed to "could be portrayed as").

And secondly, a number of mascots including the Notre Dame Leprechaun, WV Mountaineer, Scarlet Knight and Seton Hall Pirate, among others, are "white males". I just don't get it.

At least we have Wildcats out here in AZ.

But, but true wildcats are not found in the US. For purity sake Az should rename themselves as the Ocelots or Jaguarundis or Margays.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Love that song Rise Up. But this is an article about our own Rise Up Huskies:

"With the University of Connecticut's American Athletic Conference victory over Temple at the XL Center in Hartford Sunday, the Huskies matched Louisiana's Tech win total of 1,108. Tennessee is the all-time leader in Division I with 1,340 victories. Top-ranked UConn can claim the second spot to itself Wednesday night with a league win against Tulane at Devlin Fieldhouse in New Orleans (SNY, 8 p.m.)."

The guy just loves saying things like this: "But who's had a 20-year run like this, ever? We have. That's it."

Oh, and that last Tulane game down there last year, well Gabby is still upset, which does not bode well for the Tulane Pelicans.

"We remember it, and we're still kind of upset about it," UConn All-American Gabby Williams said. "We have a new goal when we go down there this week. Of course, Kia not playing had a big impact. But the guys who were playing still didn't really show up, especially myself. I was really disappointed in my play that game. Yeah, there is a whole combination of things that didn't go well for us that game."

Huskies on the rise heading to Tulane

Anybody going to rise up unafraid it is Gabby.
That’s exactly why I’m getting on a flight to Hartford on Sunday night—to pay tribute on Monday to the Badass Twins, Gabby and Kia! To say goodbye to them and hello to Ezi.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Tulane wish will not be granted tonight. Tulane won't know what hit them. Different team, and all the players are available. The chemistry of this team is amazing. Let me say it.....UConn has 6 players that score in double figures, and Tulane don't :).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Tulane won't know what hit them

Well some of them may remember the 100-56 pasting last season. Might feel like that. They have had a very rough season and may try like heck to get at the Huskies as a form of redemption.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom