And this is why you start Sanogo when he didn't "deserve" it. | The Boneyard

And this is why you start Sanogo when he didn't "deserve" it.

Reaction Score
Remember those complains about Sanogo starting. Those starts when he wasn't doing much. They gave him valuable court time to learn the offense and adjust to game intensity. Hurley forced fed him minutes at the beginning of games. And now, we're seeing the pay off. That move has actually proved to be one of the smartest things that Hurley did this season.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Still needs to learn when to pass out of the post. Every pass into him he takes as an order to back his opponent down, regardless of his position, the time, or the score.

He helped Hall creep back into the game at the end with some bad decisions.

Reaction Score
Still needs to learn when to pass out of the post. Every pass into him he takes as an order to back his opponent down, regardless of his position, the time, or the score.

Agreed, he still has a lot to learn. He certainly isn't perfect. I thought his hands were good last night, better than usual. But it has been fun to watch him progress. And he is becoming a monster.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He's still a freshman. Has to clean some things up for sure, but man...the talent is there for him to be special.

Reaction Score
Remember those complains about Sanogo starting. Those starts when he wasn't doing much. They gave him valuable court time to learn the offense and adjust to game intensity. Hurley forced fed him minutes at the beginning of games. And now, we're seeing the pay off. That move has actually proved to be one of the smartest things that Hurley did this season.
He stayed out of foul trouble for the first time this year. No stupid reaching fouls last night.

Reaction Score
He is so key because he has become the closest thing we have (after Bouknight) to a sure bucket.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley has done a good job threading the needle between:
  • building a culture where guys have to earn their minutes through performance in practice and games
  • giving the young guys enough rope to play through mistakes and learn on the court

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The kid is not afraid to do anything!!!

He posts up and backs into anyone. He passes well. He dribbles up court!!! And he drives to the hoop.

He will be undefendable in his junior year. A poor man's Zion happening?

;)

Reaction Score
He reminds me a lot of Samardo Samuels that used to play for Louisville. Both 6'9" solid build, similar post game, and from NJ. Samardo played two seasons at Louisville then had a short stint with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Hopefully Adama can stick in the league a bit longer.

Reaction Score
He stayed out of foul trouble for the first time this year. No stupid reaching fouls last night.
Was it just me, or were we just as handsy as ever last night? Even though foul trouble was not an issue at all, it didn't look like UConn changed their behavior to bring about that result.

Reaction Score
Was it just me, or were we just as handsy as ever last night? Even though foul trouble was not an issue at all, it didn't look like UConn changed their behavior to bring about that result.
Do the refs swallow their whistles as tourney time approaches? Kind of like NFL refs only calling the most egregious penalties in the post season

Reaction Score
I agree. I thought they let a lot of stuff go that that usually whistle.

Reaction Score
It stinks that so much of the game is in the hands of the officials. I guess we have to live with it until they perfect AI robot refs.

Reaction Score
My eyes lit up when he was dribbling from the top of the key and dribbling along the baseline with those power moves. Proud of him. Feel like he is indeed developing every game. Big things to come of he can continue to stay out of foul trouble.

Reaction Score

He did make that nice pass to Jackson on the baseline when he was double teamed. Jackson got fouled and hit 2 FT's so he is learning.

Reaction Score
Still a work in progress but the upside is there. He has shown up a lot more defensively in the past few weeks especially when defending pick and rolls with the big outside. He has the best footwork out of all of our bigs and very nimble on his feet - probably because of his soccer background.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Do the refs swallow their whistles as tourney time approaches? Kind of like NFL refs only calling the most egregious penalties in the post season
I don't remember any egregious missed foul calls last night. Good job by the refs.

Reaction Score
I don't remember any egregious missed foul calls last night. Good job by the refs.
Meant it the other way...they stop calling the ticky-tak stuff the seems to get us into the penalty by 10 min mark...in the NFL playoffs, the number of penalties called drops dramatically

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom