UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
8 in
6 to second round
5 to third round
1 to fourth round
0 to final

Of all the SEC teams, TA&M is my 'favorite' because I think Blair is a really good coach and he has a respect for the game and the way it should be played and seems to instill that in his players. And he has a sense of humor. (And I still think of them as a Big12 team, anyway)
The strongest basketball conference in the country has just extended its streak of not placing a team in the FF to 6 seasons.
Current streaks by conference:
Big10 - 9 (2005 - MSU runner-up finish)
ACC - 6 (2007-2013 - just broken by import ND - previous UNC lost in semis.)
SEC - 6 (2008 - TN NC and LSU semi loss)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very good points. In fairness, though, it appears to me that certainly the teams who got in probably deserved to be there. But, no SEC teams really "deserves" to be RANKED in the top 10 at this point. Maybe Tennessee and SC at 9 and 10 respectively. But that is not to say that they did not over perform. Getting 5 teams into the sweet 16 was a great accomplishment. BUT it did sort of prove that while they had a solid conference, all the teams were "middle of the pack" types.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Very good points. In fairness, though, it appears to me that certainly the teams who got in probably deserved to be there. But, no SEC teams really "deserves" to be RANKED in the top 10 at this point. Maybe Tennessee and SC at 9 and 10 respectively. But that is not to say that they did not over perform. Getting 5 teams into the sweet 16 was a great accomplishment. BUT it did sort of prove that while they had a solid conference, all the teams were "middle of the pack" types.
I think the bottom two or three teams were questionable at best for being included, and with the high seeding the teams received in general the sweet sixteen number is not that great an accomplishment. LSU was the only team to actually beat a higher seed to get there (on their home floor) and four of the eight teams ended up losing in 'upsets' based on the seeding.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
8 in
6 to second round
5 to third round
1 to fourth round
0 to final

Of all the SEC teams, TA&M is my 'favorite' because I think Blair is a really good coach and he has a respect for the game and the way it should be played and seems to instill that in his players. And he has a sense of humor. (And I still think of them as a Big12 team, anyway)
The strongest basketball conference in the country has just extended its streak of not placing a team in the FF to 6 seasons.
Current streaks by conference:
Big10 - 9 (2005 - MSU runner-up finish)
ACC - 6 (2007-2013 - just broken by import ND - previous UNC lost in semis.)
SEC - 6 (2008 - TN NC and LSU semi loss)

Vandy is the only SEC team i root for.... but I dont mind TAMU now. Hated them when in they were in the SWC.... disliked them in the Big 12.... loved them when they decided to cut loose from Big 12 and head to the SEC.

Felt all along that the ACC > SEC this season.... the results in the tourney have backed this up. I guess some SEC fans would still say that they are the best due to them being the deepest conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom