And then it was over... | The Boneyard

And then it was over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bye-Bye C-7. Thanks for giving UConn athletics a forum to grow into a national brand. (Special thanks to the BCU Thunderchickens for letting UConn men's hoops own them before they carpetbagged in a southerly direction). Best of luck in your future Big East. Hopefully UConn can schedule OOC games with you in your strength sports (UConn-G'town or SJU or Providence or Nova in men's hoops, UConn-Seton Hall on baseball, etc.) Just leave your exit fees at the door on the way out.;)

Reaction Score
Series I would like for MBB:
H/H with Georgetown
H/H with Villanova
H/H with St. John's
H/H with Marquette
MSG every year vs Cuse

Reaction Score
I also wouldn't mind playing PC...but GTown, Nova, St. John's and Syracuse would be the best, IMO.

Seton Hall and DePaul...no interest.

Reaction Score
I get the feeling Syracuse wants nothing to do with us.... Boeheim with the comments of something like "well things always change, we have to move on", the fact that two CT writers said Cuse was pushing against us getting in the ACC....

Their pu$$ies basically.

Reaction Score
Well, look, we know Syracuse schedules lots and lots of home games in the Carrier Dome, and largely minimizes leaving the state. If they're going to pick up a non-Carrier Dome game, and they can only pick one team, it makes sense for it to be Georgetown.

I'd love to do what the OP suggested, and play yearly in MSG. It might even make sense to do UConn-Syracuse-Georgetown- and other team, yearly, in an MSG "tournament," where winners and losers of the first game meet for a second. That could be a lot of fun (Michigan State, Florida, Kentucky, etc.--good teams that want exposure). But this is all unlikely.

Now, if they don't even schedule Georgetown? That would be even more embarrassing than their typical OOC issues.

Reaction Score
Well, look, we know Syracuse schedules lots and lots of home games in the Carrier Dome, and largely minimizes leaving the state. If they're going to pick up a non-Carrier Dome game, and they can only pick one team, it makes sense for it to be Georgetown.

I'd love to do what the OP suggested, and play yearly in MSG. It might even make sense to do UConn-Syracuse-Georgetown- and other team, yearly, in an MSG "tournament," where winners and losers of the first game meet for a second. That could be a lot of fun (Michigan State, Florida, Kentucky, etc.--good teams that want exposure). But this is all unlikely.

Now, if they don't even schedule Georgetown? That would be even more embarrassing than their typical OOC issues.
Pitt vs UConn
Cuse vs Georgetown

Winners will then play, losers play each other. We should e-mail this to Warde, its not actually that bad of an idea.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Syracuse has a series with St Johns scheduled, don't expect them to play anyone and anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Pitt vs UConn
Cuse vs Georgetown

Winners will then play, losers play each other. We should e-mail this to Warde, its not actually that bad of an idea.
The problem is that if either Pitt and Syracuse win, or UConn and Georgetown win, you get a conference game in the non-conference (Pitt v. Syracuse).

Maybe you replace Pitt with West Virginia? They no combination sets up a conference game?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Isn't there an NCAA rule against tournaments having more than one team from any conference?

Reaction Score
Providence, Depaul, SHU paying exit fees is the only value they brought to the table for Uconn in the last decade...good riddance.

Reaction Score
The problem is that if either Pitt and Syracuse win, or UConn and Georgetown win, you get a conference game in the non-conference (Pitt v. Syracuse).

Maybe you replace Pitt with West Virginia? They no combination sets up a conference game?
St. Johns, Syracuse, UConn, Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I don't think we'll see Syracuse on the schedule unless we end up in the same conference or run into them in the Tourney. Rutgers, St. Johns, Georgetown, Pitt are all possibilities.

The whole thing is so sad. Greatest basketball I have ever seen was in that conference.

Onward and upward..........

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bye-Bye C-7. Thanks for giving UConn athletics a forum to grow into a national brand. (Special thanks to the BCU Thunderchickens for letting UConn men's hoops own them before they carpetbagged in a southerly direction). Best of luck in your future Big East. Hopefully UConn can schedule OOC games with you in your strength sports (UConn-G'town or SJU or Providence or Nova in men's hoops, UConn-Seton Hall on baseball, etc.) Just leave your exit fees at the door on the way out.;)
Um don't you mean: Bye-bye C-7, you've ridden our coat tails since the mid 90s. It's time to spread your wings and fly, or fall, on your own?

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
Exactly. We need to keep playing schools in the cities to attract recruits.

Series I would like for MBB:
H/H with Georgetown
H/H with Villanova
H/H with St. John's
H/H with Marquette
MSG every year vs Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors