And the 9 games for 2020 so far are... | The Boneyard

And the 9 games for 2020 so far are...

Reaction Score
UConn’s 2020 football schedule is just about finalized. It will feature five Power Five opponents, seven home games, a trip to Ole Miss in late October and a game against Army at Rentschler Field to close out the season in late November.

The 2020 season looks like this: home against UMass, at Illinois, at Virginia, home against Indiana, home against Maine, at Ole Miss, home against Liberty, at San Jose State, home against Army.

That’s nine of 12. Those games are under contract. UConn was awaiting the finalization of agreements with three other programs, one of which is a Power Five team from the ACC.

Sept. 3: UMass
Sept. 12: at Illinois
Sept. 26: Indiana
Oct 24: at Ole Miss
Oct. 31: Liberty
Nov. 14: at San Jose State
Nov. 28: Army

Dates TBA: Maine, at Virginia.

UConn’s guarantee games in the future will come mostly against top teams from the SEC and Big Ten. It will be balanced with home-and-home series with mid-level Power 5 teams and regionalized with expected annual games against Boston College, UMass, Syracuse and Army. BYU is expected to be a regular opponent.

What is being worked on for 2021 looks better than 2020. And further into the future, what actually becomes the increasingly easy part is scheduling attractive games.

Reaction Score
according to the article, UConn was able to break up a scheduled game between Ole Miss and a Group of Five team. Looking at the 2020 Schedule they have games lined up with Middle Tennessee and Georgia Southern. So one of the games yet to be announced will be one of them, my guess being Georgia Southern.

Edit: upon looking at the schedule, the visit to Ole Miss is October 24th, which is when MTSU was scheduled to visit Oxford, so they must be the opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Far better schedule than many posters were whining about in anticipation of bad news that didn't come. I was not a proponent of leaving the AAC, and I still fear the ultimate fate of the football program may not make Huskies FB fans happy, but this news is good, no doubt about it.

Reaction Score
On such short last minute notice, this is a huge win for Benedict & the program. He has cobbled together a representative schedule with B1G, SEC, & ACC representation. Of the 3 unannounced games, the article says that one of them is also an ACC team. AND, UConn will have 7 home games per the article. Kudos. (I just hope that Benedict doesn't have to resort to adding a second FCS team to round out the schedule).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“It will be balanced with home-and-home series with mid-level Power 5 teams and regionalized with expected annual games against Boston College, UMass, Syracuse and Army.”

Perfect.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Only thing I wish is that we knew what the agreements were. Are they all one-off's for now? H and H? 2 for 1? etc

Reaction Score
Far better schedule than many posters were whining about in anticipation of bad news that didn't come. I was not a proponent of leaving the AAC, and I still fear the ultimate fate of the football program may not make Huskies FB fans happy, but this news is good, no doubt about it.
This sums up my feelings perfectly. I also was not happy about the move from the AAC and really felt the school was abandoning FBS football. The schedule gives me hope. No conference and no bowl are still an issue but this is a step in the right direction. Now if we can just start to win...

Reaction Score
Also shows that we can attract quality teams to East Hartford, which should land us a decent to good TV contract.
I don't mind that schedule, but what quality teams you see coming? The Indiana game is the return game from a previously scheduled series.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It’s a much better schedule than we currently have, so kudos to AD Dave.

I’m still not entirely convinced about his commitment to football overall but - nice schedule.

Reaction Score
Only thing I wish is that we knew what the agreements were. Are they all one-off's for now? H and H? 2 for 1? etc

With the 2020 schedule you only wish is having teams to play.... It looks like is being done :), happy for that. After the 2020 schedule then you will see the agreements more cemented. I am glad they are getting a schedule for next year being built in such a short time, these games are usually on schedule 4 to 5 years in advance.

Reaction Score
The future schedules will be even better. ACC, SEC, B1G and others. UConn is a brand name. These schedules and our facilities will help recruiting. We’ll get better on the field. Success begets success. Interestingly and ironically, I was also told that our stadium location being conveniently close to the airport for visiting teams and their fans was a positive selling point for DB in approaching potential opponents.

Reaction Score
This sums up my feelings perfectly. I also was not happy about the move from the AAC and really felt the school was abandoning FBS football. The schedule gives me hope. No conference and no bowl are still an issue but this is a step in the right direction. Now if we can just start to win...
Please explain the no bowl game. I don’t know the answer.
Hasn’t BYU and Army or any Indy ever played in a bowl when they had a winning record?
So if UConn is lucky enough to go 8-4 no bowl would want us??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom