And some complain about Uconn ticket prices? | The Boneyard

And some complain about Uconn ticket prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just finished an article in the New London Day that featured six FBS games this season and their prices. Whoa Nelly! Some of these costs for tix seem outrageous. They ranged from a low of $65 for Arizona St. vs Texas A&M to a mind boggling $320 cheap seat to $11000 (which may or may not be true according too the article) for Alabama vs Auburn. And people actually byacht about a $30 game ticket for Huskies game. Wake up folks and smell the opportunity to see an affordable D-I football game. I'd post a site for the article but I don't know how to do that. Sorry. Just go to the Day's site and you can read it there.

Reaction Score
I just finished an article in the New London Day that featured six FBS games this season and their prices. Whoa Nelly! Some of these costs for tix seem outrageous. They ranged from a low of $65 for Arizona St. vs Texas A&M to a mind boggling $320 cheap seat to $11000 (which may or may not be true according too the article) for Alabama vs Auburn. And people actually byacht about a $30 game ticket for Huskies game. Wake up folks and smell the opportunity to see an affordable D-I football game. I'd post a site for the article but I don't know how to do that. Sorry. Just go to the Day's site and you can read it there.

Fixed

Reaction Score
I would gladly pay $60 per ticket for a real conference schedule. And I still keep my 2 seats even with this awful home schedule this year.

Reaction Score
If team is as unwatchable as it was last year, free, would be too much.

Reaction Score
a timex costs less than a rolex too

But a Timex can actually be more accurate than a Rolex (trust me). So it's not the "time" that you're paying for when you buy a pricier Rolex ---nor merely football when you have to pay dearly for those more expensive Auburn-Alabama tickets. It's the brand. We need to build our Husky football brand to the point where its value is not directly related to its performance. When we do that, ticket prices can rise and no one will complain.

Reaction Score
Plus, these ticket prices aren't real.

Everyone knows how the scalper stubhub game works.

Remember UConn at MSG for the Sweet 16? Tickets for $1000. And then at the end of the day, you could buy tix for under $200.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn season tickets, for basketball and football, remain reasonable through the Value and Top of the Rent plans.

However, single game through UConn's ticket site remain laughable. Considering, a) the price is too high and the stadium will be half empty b) you can wait and get them half price likely directly from UConn itself the week of the game.

$35 for UConn Navy? Come on now.

Reaction Score
Army tickets are quite pricey in West Point. But that's justified, I suppose.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
UConn's pricing scheme is nonsensical. Cut single game prices in half and get people in the door drinking, eating, etc. Student tickets were $75 last year, which I know everyone will say is very cheap but is a pretty ridiculous price to see your own school play when you pay $26,000 in tuition to begin with. South Carolina opens up the gates to students free of charge, and UConn should seriously consider doing that now given the abysmal ticket sales thus far.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is new or not but when did UConn introduce $15 tickets? Wasn't the cheapest $20 before (?)

Reaction Score
uconnphil2016 said:
UConn's pricing scheme is nonsensical. Cut single game prices in half and get people in the door drinking, eating, etc. Student tickets were $75 last year, which I know everyone will say is very cheap but is a pretty ridiculous price to see your own school play when you pay $26,000 in tuition to begin with. South Carolina opens up the gates to students free of charge, and UConn should seriously consider doing that now given the abysmal ticket sales thus far.
Problem is UConn gets zero concession and zero parking dollars. To boot, pays 100k/game to play there.

Reaction Score
I noticed on my season tickets that they charged less for the Villanova game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom