And So It Starts | The Boneyard

And So It Starts

Reaction Score
Transparency note: This post is a result of merging two threads to include transfer speculation policy reminder below. Forgot it would jump my reminder post to top of thread and change the date/author (can’t reverse it).

My apologies to RST - his original thread title/article below was fine and not the cause of the need for the reminder. 100% my bad.

Reaction Score
Reads like someone who only read the banner headline of UConn’s announcement and made the grand assumption that the players are just itching to leave Storrs and play ball anytime anywhere. Instead of, you know, reading the rest of the article where the players are on board with staying safe and not risking their health.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
25 man cap rules plus the sit out rule pretty much make it impossible for anyone to leave UConn this summer and find immediate playing time this fall in FBS.

Reaction Score
Reads like someone who only read the banner headline of UConn’s announcement and made the grand assumption that the players are just itching to leave Storrs and play ball anytime anywhere. Instead of, you know, reading the rest of the article where the players are on board with staying safe and not risking their health.
As I said on another thread. We will see how strong the players really feel by watcbing the portal, not by reading statements.

Reaction Score
And I think this will be a good measure of how badly players want to play this season. Listen to some people on here and every player “worth their salt” wants to play regardless of COVID. Should see a ton of them transfer, right?

We will see shortly as more schools cancel seasons.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mississippi is about the last place I would want to be right now when it comes to covid. They are a mess and I wouldn't trust the SEC or the university to give a rats tuchus about the student athletes.

Reaction Score
What does it say about a sport where you get punished for doing the right thing?

Reaction Score
I don’t think there is any real validity there. But this is a sign of how broken college athletics really is. They don’t have the players well being in mind anymore. Coaches will lie and cheat their way to success
In other news Lindbergh landed

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
RE was on the Dan Patrick show ( probably old news) good interview, Patrick said he thought we should go to FCS

Reaction Score
Looking like UCONNs decision was more calculated based on the info they had.

Reaction Score
I really wish the FCS comment came up when Randy was still connected. He and the University need to be able to respond to this narrative in realtime. If he could explain how it could/will work out (better schedule, TV deal, UConn brand etc..), maybe these uniformed herd mentality comments would stop. Need one or two talking heads on a national level to start telling a better story.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Seems like there would be very very few open seats at this hour... but of course that won’t stop opportunist looking to stir the pot.

Reaction Score
I really wish the FCS comment came up when Randy was still connected. He and the University need to be able to respond to this narrative in realtime. If he could explain how it could/will work out (better schedule, TV deal, UConn brand etc..), maybe these uniformed herd mentality comments would stop. Need one or two talking heads on a national level to start telling a better story.
It is just too easy to pick on UCONN. It is like picking on a redhead and calling them ginger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom