And one more Walker Thread | The Boneyard

And one more Walker Thread

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So I log on to the yard to read and enjoy the boneyard the day after a win (always a better mood that the day after a loss) and on the first page I find these threads:

The new Megan
Meg Walker ESPN Player of the Week
More props to Megan
ESPNW Takes a Look at UConn... and Gives Meg a Lot of Love!
Megan Walker - Wooden Award early favorite
Adamec: Walker wows 'em as UConn women crush Notre Dame

Did I miss any? Well anyway in my normal duties as a mod I'd most likely be tempted to tidy up the board a bit and maybe merge all the Megan threads into one big Mega thread (see what I did there?)

But you know what? I'm not going to today. After a couple years of being a little less than many had hoped, she is really blooming. She's becoming a real star. You can tell just how much Geno is enjoying Megan's growth.

So who cares if the board is Megan wall to wall. Let's all just celebrate it and hope we only see even more growth from her. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I and @MilfordHusky would like to request a doctor to reset our arms for all the self patting on our backs. We both early on stated that we thought that Meg would be an AA before her tenure at UConn was through. We also stated, after her slow start at UConn, that patience on the fans part was required.

I personally, first and foremost, would like to thank the person above and all of those that made me what I am today, who stood behind me all the way. You know who you are. Without you there would be no me. Baby, I love you, and I'm bringing this award home to you.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I and @MilfordHusky would like to request a doctor to reset our arms for all the self patting on our backs. We both early on stated that we thought that Meg would be an AA before her tenure at UConn was through. We also stated, after her slow start at UConn, that patience on the fans part was required.

I personally, first and foremost, would like to thank the person above and all of those that made me what I am today, who stood behind me all the way. You know who you are. Without you there would be no me. Baby, I love you, and I'm bringing this award home to you.
Well, my friend, I thought Squeaks would be the better player this year, though I had faith in Megan. She has become a combo of Lou and Phee. I'll just call her Lou-ee Lou-ee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is she the front runner for national player of the year thru games played so far? In your opinion?
In my opinion, she is ahead of everyone, including Sabrina. I'm not sure if the media are still stuck on Sabrina, but I'm loving Megan's game and our undefeated record.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, she is ahead of everyone, including Sabrina. I'm not sure if the media are still stuck on Sabrina, but I'm loving Megan's game and our undefeated record.
That’s what I was really thinking when I mentioned it(Sabrina.) I cant think of one player right now that is playing better basketball individually than “Megatron.” I’m so proud because I knew her potential and there were many posters who scrutinized her play and felt like it the most she was going to give. I knew there was more in the tank. If we somehow get through the non conference without a loss and she keeps this up, watch out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Someone could be making a very loud statement heard around WBB on February 3.....:cool:

Reaction Score
Someone could be making a very loud statement heard around WBB on February 3.....:cool:
I don’t think it’s that bold at all, I think Hebard and Sabally have been better players for Oregon this season. However, Sabrina is still the engine that makes the machine go!

Reaction Score
Has a nice powerful ring to it!
I didn’t come up with that lol, there were posters deeming her as Megatron considering her the next great prospect during her recruiting process. Boy how much that changed when she didn’t produce as much as they would’ve liked during her freshman season, a period in which almost no incoming player can perform well.

Reaction Score
Is she the front runner for national player of the year thru games played so far? In your opinion?
If you're asking me then I will appropriately wait until the first week of Feburary to give my answer or maybe until after the Oregon game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom