And now a trip to Florida! | The Boneyard

And now a trip to Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know, I know, the Gators have not been great this year. But it's still a quick turnaround and a long trip to play a well-coached, under-performing team in a hostile environment. Hope Boat can go. I would assume that unless his leg gets amputated between now and Saturday he'll give it a shot.

Reaction Score
That game could get ugly, and that's assuming Boat does play. I wouldn't be shocked if we won but this is going to be a trip to the dentist either way, Florida has one of the best defenses in America and we struggle to score as it is.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Gonna be there to support whoever plays. Could be a great jump off point if they can pull off the win.

Reaction Score
It will be the most hostile environment to date this season. Florida wants payback and some. Hope our leaders are ready.

Reaction Score
That game could get ugly, and that's assuming Boat does play. I wouldn't be shocked if we won but this is going to be a trip to the dentist either way, Florida has one of the best defenses in America and we struggle to score as it is.

I think we are the favorite if Boat plays. Florida is not good this year. Stool a tough game.

Reaction Score
I think we are the favorite if Boat plays. Florida is not good this year. Stool a tough game.

Florida might not be good this year, but they're still ranked 20th in kenpom, so they're probably better than their record would suggest. It being a road game, I imagine we're 5 or 6 point dogs.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's blowout if boat doesn't play, as much as people don't want to hear it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wait, what? I thought we were going to Atlanta to watch this game.

Reaction Score
Florida might not be good this year, but they're still ranked 20th in kenpom, so they're probably better than their record would suggest. It being a road game, I imagine we're 5 or 6 point dogs.

KemPom means nothing this early. Their best win is either Yale or Wake so far. They don't come close to passing the eye test so far. This would be another bad loss at this point IMO.

Reaction Score
walker11 said:
KemPom means nothing this early. Their best win is either Yale or Wake so far. They don't come close to passing the eye test so far. This would be another bad loss at this point IMO.

Their talent has not performed to expectations, but if you're expecting a win you're overly optimistic. It's still Donovan and some talented dudes. Will be tough to snag a win and certainly nothing approaching a bad loss.

Reaction Score
Florida scores 60 easily and we lose. They have a lot of size that can neutralize our bigs. Then it comes down to our guards. Well, you know how that's going to work out.

Reaction Score

I wouldn't say it means nothing, it's more a reflection of the fact that Florida has lost a ton of close games. They lost by two to Miami, by two to Florida State, by one to Georgetown, and by six to Kansas in a game they lead by sixteen. They also beat the Yale team we lost to by 38 (I know the transitive property means little, but it's probably not a great sign for us). It doesn't help that they've battled some injuries, gotten subpar play from their best player, and are trying to replace four starters on the fly. Really, they're a lot like us, which is why I expect they'll be giving five or six points being at home.

Reaction Score

We are absolutely not the favorite in this game, even with a 100% healthy Boatright. It's fine to be down on Florida, but what do you think their fans (and Vegas) think of us now?

Reaction Score
boatright wont be playing, we will need an other worldly performances from purvis or hamilton. They need get a better feel for each other, alot of these new players getting minutes just haven't had the continuity. just easy baskets, because we can defense them well.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Too bad Jalen Adams can't suit up and run the point for this one.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Florida scores 60 easily and we lose. They have a lot of size that can neutralize our bigs. Then it comes down to our guards. Well, you know how that's going to work out.
So Duke barely puts up 60 against us, but Florida "scores 60 easily"? Ok

Reaction Score
Not sure if its a factor but pretty sure UF has their bowl game at the same time

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
I'm not sure the Duke game is all that relevant. Coppin State put up 85.

Duke is a lot more relevant than Coppin (as is Temple and Texas). Unless you think we are going to play like we did against Coppin and sell out with full court pressure to speed the game up, and both teams will shoot in the first 10 seconds of the shot clock on every possession. Coppin took 66 shots (with 17 turnovers), Duke took 48 and Texas took 46 (Temple took 49 in regulation). There's really only one game where I think our halfcourt D has been really subpar and we fixed it at halftime (Dayton). There have been bad stretches, and obviously bad important possessions in winning time, but that was really the only time it felt like we were having persistent problems defending in the halfcourt.

All that said, I don't expect us to hold Florida under 60 tomorrow, especially since Boat is probably out. I hope we do, since we will need to in order to win, and as history shows us, that might not be good enough anyway. But I truthfully fear this one - a true hostile environment for the first time this season with basically an entirely new team (other than Phil/Brimah, and it's not like they can be a calming influence as centers). It has a deer in the headlights loss feel. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Man i want this win. Don't see how its possible without a breakthrough offensive performances from purvis though. cannot be hampered by a press. ..i'll be so pissed if this turns into the WVU game

Reaction Score
Bilas still is 100% on board with us as a quality ncaa team, but he has the same with florida. somebody needs to step up today with this looming 9.5 line. who will it be? i could see it being hamilton after his last tough momentts on the court. guys need to play with clear focus .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom