And Its Sadly Over... | The Boneyard

And Its Sadly Over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its been great and I personally have loved watching the classic games in history and the most recent ones as well. However, the Big East as we all know and live it, is now over. Here's the tweet that really got me to think of it:

@AdamZagoria: Mark it down...the Big East as we knew it died at 10:52 PM EST March 16, 2013.

Wish it never ended but all things always do. The future of UConn Basketball is very bright! Can't wait to root on this team for the rest of my life no matter what conference were in and through the ups and the downs.

Reaction Score
Its been great and I personally have loved watching the classic games in history and the most recent ones as well. However, the Big East as we all know and live it, is now over. Here's the tweet that really got me to think of it:

@AdamZagoria: Mark it down...the Big East as we knew it died at 10:52 PM EST March 16, 2013.

Wish it never ended but all things always do. The future of UConn Basketball is very bright! Can't wait to root on this team for the rest of my life no matter what conference were in and through the ups and the downs.

Great attitude!

I am optimistic, but still very sad. I was always proud to say that my team was in the Big East. And the Big East Tournament was the best conference tourney venue. Watching the celebration after the final buzzer made me upset. It really pissed me off! Why the need to destroy such an illustrious league?

duckk conference realignment. I pretty much feel the same about college football. Pe-twooey.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
No other conference tournament could match the intensity and the feel. Friday night and Saturday night primetime, big names and big games. All sacrificed to keep the ACC in the BCS.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
Imo UConn owned the Big East overall, the Numbers show that. And they did it in 'from worst to first' fashion too, upstaging the more 'premier' names since inception to eventually becoming a conference blue blood, to then shocking the world 3 x over. I've been a fan since the mid 90's,

Im going to miss MSG. Football (has) but had better continue to step up their game.

ACC seems afraid of letting CT in... don't get why, UConn deserves better than them even.

Reaction Score
duckk conference realignment. I pretty much feel the same about college football. Pe-twooey.
Ironically, it was college football that lead to the creation of athletic departments.

Reaction Score
Sure, let's not play football. Then we can be like PC.

We're not a catholic school, but sadly, I like what the Catholic 7-Big East has over what we are left with except Ville (for one year) and Memphis. I'm not a UConn alum, but a die-hard UConn men's basketball fan. For the longest time this was the closest this state had to a pro sports franchise. They gave a teen (20+ yrs ago) something to root for, take pride in. I've followed the football team, but not like the basketball team. Maybe had Randy Edsall not left, our football program would look more attractive? I dunno.

PS: we played football before we were 1A. And we will never be like PC;)

Reaction Score
We're not a catholic school, but sadly, I like what the Catholic 7-Big East has over what we are left with except Ville (for one year) and Memphis. I'm not a UConn alum, but a die-hard UConn men's basketball fan. For the longest time this was the closest this state had to a pro sports franchise. They gave a teen (20+ yrs ago) something to root for, take pride in. I've followed the football team, but not like the basketball team. Maybe had Randy Edsall not left, our football program would look more attractive? I dunno.

PS: we played football before we were 1A. And we will never be like PC;)
You're going emo when realignment is not even done yet. The fact that realignment is not done has been stated at least a few million times. ;)

As a UConn alum, I am GLAD we went FBS. We should have went FBS so long ago.

Reaction Score
You're going emo when realignment is not even done yet. The fact that realignment is not done has been stated at least a few million times. ;)

As a UConn alum, I am GLAD we went FBS. We should have went FBS so long ago.

Maybe we were too late to the party;). My sisters are UConn alums, I'm a CCSU alum.

And I agree it's not done yet, but look where we are. Sucks big time.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's best we don't go to the ACC in my opinion. I can't even imagine the amount of horrible calls that would go against us.

Reaction Score
The end of the best college BBall tourney is depressing but to not even be able to participate makes the whole thing surreal. That is a pox on the college presidents who kept us out. No way these players should have been banned from the conference tourney.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I was at the BE title game. Cheered for Ville. To walk out with 15K+ stunned and saddened Central NYers was the second best feeling I've ever had in person at a college basketball game. Second only to the feeling after the 2011 BET win.

Reaction Score
Honestly, would much rather be in the Big Priest. I live down South and we just don't have a chance to play Football at the level they play down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom