Analytics | The Boneyard

Analytics

Reaction Score
Do college coaches factor analytics in, the same way as pro coaches? I have read that a good pro coach looks at how the team does against the other team when certain players are in the game and when they are not, and in another case, how the team does when 2 superstars on the same team are in the game at the same time.

Related to this, I read that notwithstanding his resume, Jeff VanGundy was never an analytics guy and that was a concern for the knicks in looking for a new coach since this is supposed to be a modern approach to the pro game.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Probably depends on who you ask. My guess is younger, tech savvy coaches embrace it more but your Boeheims, Calhouns, etc who have been around a while think it's hogwash.

Reaction Score
Different coaches do more than others. Hurley definitely has people on staff who are into them.

College has smaller samples sizes of both minutes and games, plus college-level talented players are likely inherently more inconsistent than pro level players. These all make college analytics less reliable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom