Analysis and Comments - Game 13 - UConn vs Marquette | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Analysis and Comments - Game 13 - UConn vs Marquette

JBK

Reaction Score
If Nika holds Jordan King to <10 points, she'll have dominated the matchup, even if she hardly scores at all. The impact on Marquette's offense will be the same as if Nika. sores 20.
Great point.
My only wish is that Nika try to be an offensive threat so her defender is not doubling our bigs or Paige. -

Reaction Score
I don’t see Marquette competing full game. I think it will still be closer than a lot of people think, but who knows.

I expect UConn to be rusty, yet Marquette won’t be. Also, I predict Marquette will close their eyes and shoot backwards from the arc and still hit 7 of their first 10 three point shots. Also, by someone who has hardly hit anything from 3 this year. Kind of how it rolls.

UConn should pull it out in the end though. 10-12 point MOV. Assuming Aubrey plays (worried she will be a no show. Her consistency can be an issue. Hope she’s all on it today.). If UConn does lose this, look solidly here as part of that reason.

As always, my .03 (inflation.)

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Some fun stuff:

Comparing match-ups in this game with players' seasonal averages...is somewhat useful in determining how individual players performed today.

Aliyah Edwards vs Liz Karlen - Aliyah was able to score two points and got 3.5 more rebounds than her average while Liz was held to 4.2 points and .6 rebounds below her average.

Paige Bueckers vs Fannie Hottinger
- Paige was 5.8 points above her average but she was 3.1 rebounds below their average. Fannie didn't have that good of a game she was pretty much ineffective today only scoring 4 points and not getting any rebounds...5.4 points and 9 rebounds below her average.

Ashlynn Shade vs Jordan King - Ashlynn was 2.5 points above her average and 1.2 rebounds above. Even though she didn't hit any of her threes she still found a way to score. Meanwhile, Jordan King was .7 points above her average and 1.1 rebounds above hers but she did hit her average of 2 threes per game.

KK Arnold vs Rose Nkumu - KK was 4.1 points above her average but was 1.1 rebounds below her average. KK also hit on 2 threes which was 1.3 threes above her average. Rose was .6 points below her average and was unable to corral any rebounds putting her 2.0 rebounds below her average. On the other hand, Rose was able to get 7 assists to KK's 2.

Nika Muhl vs Mackenzi Hare
- Nika did not have a good scoring game only 5 points (1.5 below her average) on 2/4 shooting and hitting on one three but, she made up for that in other categories...she had a career-high 10 rebounds (6 above her average) and was 2 assists above her average with 7.

Skylar Forbes had a good game hitting 4.2 points above her average and 1.6 rebounds above her average.

Aubrey Griffin was .8 below her scoring average and 2.8 rebounds above her average.

UCONN was 12.2 points above their average; 7 three-pointers above their average; 9.1 rebounds above their average; 3 assists above their average; 1.3 steals below their average and 6.8 turnovers below their average.

MARQUETTE was 15.6 points below their average; 1.5 three-pointers below their average; 6.8 rebounds below their average; 7.4 assists below their average; 4.2 steals below their average and 5.2 turnovers below their average.

Reaction Score
Shooting percentage was the killer. Marquette had shiny numbers from previous games. But they weren't playing against UConn. They shot 34% and 28% today.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Shooting percentage was the killer. Marquette had shiny numbers from previous games. But they weren't playing against UConn. They shot 34% and 28% today.
Ouch!!! I like 52% and 34% better...lol Happy New Year one and all!!!

Reaction Score
Have to love all these expert prognosticators. Keep it up Boneyarders. Makes entertaining reading if nothing else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom