An Open Letter to David Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Benedict,

You don't know me, I don't know you.

I'm not a big donor - nor am I ever going to become one (I think donating to college athletic programs to enrich coaches and athletic directors is idiotic).

I've been to every UConn home football game since 1998 except 2. I've been to a couple hundred men's basketball home games. I've been to all sorts of far flung places to see both basketball and football games.

For some reason I felt compelled to spend about $500 to attend today's game at Boston College.

If Bob Diaco is still the head football coach at the University of Connecticut on January 3rd, 2017 - I will not attend another game to support any UConn team until you are replaced as Athletic Director.

If I find out you supported Donovan Williams starting the last two games at quarterback - that would also require me to stay home until you are removed from your position.

Looking forward to see how you play the next 8 weeks.

Best of luck,

Whaler.

Edit: I should say I'm going to attend the Tulane game and I might just hold a ceremony to honor myself for leaving with the Senior class.

Reaction Score
I sent him a note and got no response. I did get a thank you for being part of nutmeg society or some other similarly named group. I thought I was done when I hit the send. The lack of response simpky cemented my view. A tru G5 program. And not a good one.

Reaction Score
Dear Mr. Benedict,

You don't know me, I don't know you.

I'm not a big donor - nor am I ever going to become one (I think donating to college athletic programs to enrich coaches and athletic directors is idiotic).

I've been to every UConn home football game since 1998 except 2. I've been to a couple hundred men's basketball home games. I've been to all sorts of far flung places to see both basketball and football games.

For some reason I felt compelled to spend about $500 to attend today's game at Boston College.

If Bob Diaco is still the head football coach at the University of Connecticut on January 3rd, 2017 - I will not attend another game to support any UConn team until you are replaced as Athletic Director.

If I find out you supported Donovan Williams starting the last two games at quarterback - that would also require me to stay home until you are removed from your position.

Looking forward to see how you play the next 8 weeks.

Best of luck,

Whaler.

Edit: I should say I'm going to attend the Tulane game and I might just hold a ceremony to honor myself for leaving with the Senior class.

Are you on drugs? Or mentally ill?

Reaction Score
Where can I email him at? Need to do it on thanksgiving tho. My giving to him. After a few drinks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
IMG_2259.PNG
Are you on drugs? Or mentally ill?

Now I'm 43. And since I'm going to spend $250 going to the Garden for the Syracuse game... I may be mentally ill. With age comes wisdom I guess.

Reaction Score
Hard to continue to invest money but most importantly, valuable time on a product that is stuck on reverse. Every game out is worst than the previous and the only thing worst than that is when head lunatic in charge speaks .

Reaction Score
Dear Mr Benedict .
As a result of bad decisions made by Susan Herbst, you, Board of trustees We are saddled with ano uphill climb to rid ourselves of worst game coach in the country.
I would propose that you initiate a Tax deductible fund where all season ticket holders (hopefully 20,ooo) get to contribute $150 towards the firing of HCBD. though it might negate tax deductible nature of the donation, reduction or freetickets , food, hockey tickets, gift certificates etc might be offered.
Also, please keep any trustee involved in the last 2 hiring away from the decision making . (yes there is one individual involvedo from what has been disclosed . ).
You have a disgusting product on the field.
Clean it up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let's be honest, we all just want to see what the ceremony you would hold for yourself would be like! :p

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
View attachment 17030

Now I'm 43. And since I'm going to spend $250 going to the Garden for the Syracuse game... I may be mentally ill. With age comes wisdom I guess.
Happy birthday Whaler!

Maybe I'll see you on the 5th.

Reaction Score
I told you idiot stay away from the kids. 500 dollars I'm sure that hurt living on social security. Please identify yourself at the Tulane game so we all can take turns whaling on you!
If you think this board is a bunch of losers...

Pot, meet kettle?

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
We should all wear red sweater or pants with a paper bag over our heads at the Tulane game. If All 15 fans there do it maybe he'd get the message.
That's funny

Reaction Score
No one intends to harm anyone on this blog my point was made clearly words are powerful. Everyone spitting venom at kids need to understand that if me getting ban for standing up for these young athletes bans my words then so be it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No one intends to harm anyone on this blog my point was made clearly words are powerful. Everyone spitting venom at kids need to understand that if me getting ban for standing up for these young athletes bans my words then so be it.

Sound like a plan. Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom