An ESPN star, Trump’s body man, a shipwright. UConn has a knack for its QBs taking ‘broad spectrum’ of career paths (Mike Anyhony | The Boneyard

An ESPN star, Trump’s body man, a shipwright. UConn has a knack for its QBs taking ‘broad spectrum’ of career paths (Mike Anyhony

Reaction Score
Long read, but interesting stuff on former Uconn QB's. Unless I missed it, another Husky QB not mentioned, is Dennis Brown, who had a level of post Uconn fame spending a season as reality TV star on A & E's...60 Days In (getting locked up, posing undercover as a real inmate ). Brown spent a couple of years as a Husky and even started 2 games in 2005 for HCRE.

Here's a look:

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
That was a great article. I was trying to figure out which QB from our FBS days had the craziest post UConn career that I'd never expect. I'd say it was finding out that Whitmer tried modeling. I knew that Casey was a musician but I didn't realize he's a shipwright in Mystic. I also didn't realize that Shirreffs was still living in CT.

The McEntee thing is just insane and sketchy to me. I was in shock when he was named our starting QB. Reading about his shady role was just disappointing to read about.

Wasn't Lorenzo the one who got into legal trouble? Good for him for working it out and trying to come back and restart.

Still feel bad for DJ. Just has to be so hard to deal with all of that.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A very enjoyable article on some of the quarterbacks that came through UConn and what they are doing now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom