Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Home - Holy Cross, Mizzou, BC, ECU, Memphis, USF, Tulsa

Away - UVA, Cincinnati, UCF, SMU, Temple

Don't play - Houston, Navy, Tulane

Some observations:
1) It's probably good to take a break from Houston and Navy.
2) The first-ever (and long awaited) matchup with Tulsa.
3)Mizzou isn't what they were 4 0r 5 years ago.
4) UVA is nothing special.
5) I'm surprised they have Temple and Cincinnati on the same home and away schedule rotation for us; I think we should have one at home every year.
6) Like every year, I don't see too many guaranteed wins or losses.

Reaction Score
We should schedule warm weather teams towards the end to use the cold/weather to our advantage.

Great that Edsall didn't ask for exhibition games

Reaction Score
I'm going to be on record that this year will be a losing year. I believe that we'll be in the games, but not winning games. We need to rebuild and it'll be 2018 when we are back in bowl games. I want to see AD David Benedict go out and get football school for our OOC games...PSU, Pitt, Auburn, UF...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The most appealing AAC opponents are road games next season which sucks. Also, our toughest conference games. We better protect our home field.

Reaction Score
We will get at least 4 wins next year. No way RE let's the line play stay at the current level. Those guys are going to get a lesson in aggression or he'll find guys that will step up and start knocking heads. Mark my words. Even in transition, we had line play that held its own against superior talent. We get beat on speed but never physicality.

Reaction Score
Glad to see some reasonable expectations for next season. 6-6 would be quite an accomplishment and I don't see it.

Reaction Score
4-8 would be a major accomplishment. I seriously only see one, maybe two wins on the schedule. As much as we all hate being in the AAC, there are some good teams in it. Sure, Houston drops off the schedule, but we pick up Tulsa (who is on the rise). It's gonna be a loooong year, and there will be a lot of anti-Randy posters posting "I told you so's" when things aren't turned around immediately. This is not going to be a quick fix, but I do believe it will get corrected

Reaction Score
Can we create some kind of special trophy for the long awaited Tulsa game? Maybe name it the "Something Tussle".

Reaction Score
Let's hope we have a QB.

If we have a QB I'm not sure I see more than 4 or 5 wins on that schedule. If we don't have one (if BS leaves and DW is only marginally better) it will be another long season.

Reaction Score
I don't see more than five wins there. I can barely get to four

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
4-8 looks about right. We'd need two upsets beyond that to make a bowl. Unlikely, unless we manage to find some hot shot JUCO QB who can come in and play right away at this level, like Lorenzen.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy with just not shaking my head that we burn two timeouts each half because we can't get plays on time.

We are gonna start seeing if Diaco remotely recruited well or not. I've been critical, but in fairness we haven't seen the likes of Skanes, Dixon, Herring, Hahn, etc yet.

Reaction Score
I'll be happy with just not shaking my head that we burn two timeouts each half because we can't get plays on time.

We are gonna start seeing if Diaco remotely recruited well or not. I've been critical, but in fairness we haven't seen the likes of Skanes, Dixon, Herring, Hahn, etc yet.

I'm excited about a lot of the RSFR. I hope one of Vickers or Hopkins can cement themselves as RB2 since one of them will need to be starting as a sophomore

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really don't know what to expect. On talent I thought the 2016 team would win 7. I still think they could have minus the unbelievably bad coaching decisions and some bad luck. If they beat Navy, they beat Cuse and then do they fall apart? I doubt it. They gave up. Throw out the last few games.

So 2017 is a crapshoot. In theory, it's a team that could be dramatically improved with better line play and coaching and a better attitude. Nobody can predict what Williams will be next year, he has some tools. Give him blockers and a running game and he might surprise us. There's no point in predicting until we know more.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
We should schedule warm weather teams towards the end to use the cold/weather to our advantage.

Great that Edsall didn't ask for exhibition games
Are we even part of that equation? I always figured it was decreed by the powered that be.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I really don't know what to expect. On talent I thought the 2016 team would win 7. I still think they could have minus the unbelievably bad coaching decisions and some bad luck. If they beat Navy, they beat Cuse and then do they fall apart? I doubt it. They gave up. Throw out the last few games.

So 2017 is a crapshoot. In theory, it's a team that could be dramatically improved with better line play and coaching and a better attitude. Nobody can predict what Williams will be next year, he has some tools. Give him blockers and a running game and he might surprise us. There's no point in predicting until we know more.
Couldn't agree more....we have no idea what the team will look like this spring, let alone next fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom