An AP article on the ND/UConn game | The Boneyard

An AP article on the ND/UConn game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Stefanie Dolson came to Connecticut to play for national championships, but hasn't been able to do that yet, after losing to Notre Dame in the national semifinals in each of her first two seasons.
In fact, after winning 12 straight games in the series, the top-ranked Huskies have lost four of their last five meetings with the Fighting Irish heading into Saturday's first meeting between the programs this season in Storrs." -- Full Article

Reaction Score
Anyone Else Pissed and Tired Reading as the Byline of Recent ND/UCONN Games UGH
We ARE GOING TO KICK THEIR ASSES SAT:cool: I will gladly bet anyone on our winning and it not even being
close;) UConn by 20+ If it is ends less than 20 it will be meaningless points
Ira

Reaction Score
As an aside, I came across a couple of greened out Notre Dame families in East Windsor Wendy's earlier this evening (BTW Wendy's is a South Bend staple). If these are people came from South Bend for the game, I hope someone is providing them transport because it's about an hour round about drive from the hotels in East Windsor to Gampel.

Reaction Score
As an aside, I came across a couple of greened out Notre Dame families in East Windsor Wendy's earlier this evening (BTW Wendy's is a South Bend staple). If these are people came from South Bend for the game, I hope someone is providing them transport because it's about an hour round about drive from the hotels in East Windsor to Gampel.

What exactly does that mean? There are all of 3 Wendy's in South Bend. There are more in the Hartford area. As there should be due to population. There is no special following or affiliation with Wendy's in South Bend any more than any other city in the United States.

Reaction Score
When I visted South Bend a decade plus ago to visit friends we went to a Wendy's that dwarfed any Wendy I've been to or since in shear size. The dining area could seat 300-500, the parking lot was huge and the place was chocked full of families having a nice Saturday dinner one summer night. Nobody would build a Wendy's that large without expecting a lot weekly traffic and seeing it was packed when there wasn't some activity going on at Notre Dame hinted to me that these were locals simply going out on a Saturday night. It made the crowds at the old Wendy's at the Civic Center on game day seem paltry in comparison. My friends confirmed that the crowd was not unusual.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Only way to solve the officiating issue against ND is to have 1 Catholic official, 1 Protestant official and 1 Lutheran or Epicopalian official we aren't sure which we are. It would keep a balance in the favoritism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom