An Amazing Season | The Boneyard

An Amazing Season

Reaction Score
While it did not end the way I would have wanted...... what can you say about a team that made it to the Final 4? We are spoiled here in Connecticut where a season that ends without the title is a bad year. But this team was amazing and we all should be proud of how hard they played this season. Lou was amazing in the second half... I will miss her. And Collier was also good today.... She will be missed as well. I hope Geno has some surprises in store for us next year.

Reaction Score
This was an amazing season, for sure.... but to blow a 9 pt fourth quarter lead is very sad... I'm crushed... Lou's great second half, but a missed bunny layup that turned into a 3 pointer at the other end... other missed opportunities.... so sad... oh well...

Reaction Score
At the beginning of this season, I knew it was going to be one of the most exciting ever. Devastated by graduations over the past three years, expectations were realistic for a change. Yet, somehow this group of women clawed their way back to the Final Four and stretched the defending national champions, returning four starters and the addition of a red-shirt senior All-American, to the very limit on a day when the shots just weren't falling.

I am so proud of everyone, but especially of our seniors Katie Lou and Napheesa who simply define competitive fire and grace under pressure. Anyone looking for role models for girls need look no further...

Our very best wishes go with you always. We will be following you closely in your professional careers!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For me, it really was an amazing season. I did not expect that UConn would even go to the final four. I expected the team to have 7 or 8 losses and lose within its own conference. In reality, I did not know which UConn team that would show up for any particular game. There was no domination, however, there was grittiness to their play to hang on to win. And in a couple of games they just plain let go and lost.

I do not know the reasons for this and the elites on this board can speculate all they want. Being hopeful is one thing and being realistic is another. The seniors are the last two members of the 4 time champions. What is in store remains to be seen with many unknowns, such as recruiting from Europe, and the USA and how well will Crystal, Williams, and Walker perform. ONO has the talent and will she take off and go for the basket. Whatever, I hope that I can be around one more season to watch them play.

Reaction Score
A lot if ifs on Geno coaching tactics. But no one will know. The only other strategy Geno could have used was continue to have ONO in there and be in zone. In the end Geno thought the best shot to win was with the starting five. Turner was just a huge factor on the defensive end. Katie’s missed layup really hurt as well as the offensive rebounding by ND.

Reaction Score
No sin in losing such a great game..........Both teams are winners....There were no losers, the time just ran out.
I salute you guys for being who you are...

Much Respect...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom