Amount of Transfers In the Portal | The Boneyard

Amount of Transfers In the Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the doom and gloom on here lately, just want to put some analytical perspective on this.

There are about 350 total D1 teams.

There are currently 1,339 total D1 players in the portal. That is over 100 teams entire roster worth of players.

UConn has 4 kids in the portal. A whopping 0.2% of the portal.

We were very fortunate to be 1 of 3 teams last year not lose anyone.

Just put everything into perspective in the entire landscape of where the game is at today.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
6choag.jpg

Reaction Score
With all the doom and gloom on here lately, just want to put some analytical perspective on this.

There are currently 1,339 total D1 players in the portal. That is over 100 teams entire roster worth of players.

Just put everything into perspective in the entire landscape of where the game is at today.
What's your point? If our entire team entered the portal it would still be less than 1% of the total.....that's a completely meaningless statistic. Everyone has players in the portal, I think everyone gets that. I think everyone gets why Gaffney and Akok would go that route. I think there are a lot upset that Diggins left because it didn't seem like he really got a chance and was passed over for a guy that had proven for 3 years that he wasn't ready for this level, nor deserving of the run he got.

But Floyd I think is different for a lot of people, or at least for me. They redshirted him, seemed to be grooming him, the Coach was just lauding him and talking about how ready he was to step up when Diggins and Gaffney bolted, and now here he is leaving before he ever puts the uniform on. And all of this coming from a coach who has stressed stability and continuity as the hallmarks of his "culture". On the one hand, I'm glad he's recognizing that his roster had major shortcomings and was poorly constructed (maybe because he missed the mark on a couple recruits), but on the other, the Floyd thing feels like there is more to it and is certainly making me wonder if there is something else going on.

Reaction Score

Fact is, that's an average of 3+ players per team, but less than 4. That means our # of transfers is above average. And if you compared UConn to other teams with 4 or more, with 2 straight NCAA appearances and no change at head coach, I doubt UConn comes out looking good

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
mid level, role players are losing scholarships to D1 programs because of the portal. Programs are choosing the experienced player over the marginal freshman. I know families that were locked in on scholarships but got bumped down to D2,D3

Reaction Score
Fact is, that's an average of 3+ players per team, but less than 4. That means our # of transfers is above average. And if you compared UConn to other teams with 4 or more, with 2 straight NCAA appearances and no change at head coach, I doubt UConn comes out looking good
How about if you expanded it and looked at the last two years when the new transfer rules started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom