Amore | The Boneyard

Amore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it too much too much to ask for the Courant to hire someone with some basic basketball knowledge to cover the team?

"UConn responded with 12 unanswered points, punctuated when Napier made a hard no-look pass to Smith, who jammed it, drew a foul and completed the one-and-one to make it 27-26. After that, Smith, who has looked sullen over the early part of the season, let loose some emotion."

Reaction Score
Wow, you get a one and one after a made basket? Cool, so you can have a 4 point play for a two pointer and a 5 point play for a three. :)

Reaction Score
Is it too much too much to ask for the Courant to hire someone with some basic basketball knowledge to cover the team?

"UConn responded with 12 unanswered points, punctuated when Napier made a hard no-look pass to Smith, who jammed it, drew a foul and completed the one-and-one to make it 27-26. After that, Smith, who has looked sullen over the early part of the season, let loose some emotion."

Considering the previous "articles" of about 5 words long from him, that's practically War and Peace.

Actual basketball knowledge may actually be asking too much.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of my kid's soccer coach, an ex-Tennessee football lineman. Every time the opposing team kicks the ball past our endline, he has our players put the ball in play with a corner kick.

It amuses me so much I don't have the will to correct him. He's been doing it all season, and even the opposing coach says nothing.

Reaction Score
Considering the previous "articles" of about 5 words long from him, that's practically War and Peace.

Actual basketball knowledge may actually be asking too much.

I emailed him and this was his reply:

Should have been "and one" an editor chaned it w/o telling me

Incidentally, every single time I report an error to a newpaper reporter, they reply this exact same way.

Reaction Score
My favorite was when he said in an article about Lamb's opening 30 points that the only other huskies to do that in history were Ray Allen and "Donyell Miller"

Additionally in today's article he was talking about how Brendan Lamb, the walk on guard could get some time in the Bahamas. Pretty basic stuff here - where did this guy come from?

Reaction Score
My favorite was when he said in an article about Lamb's opening 30 points that the only other huskies to do that in history were Ray Allen and "Donyell Miller"

Additionally in today's article he was talking about how Brendan Lamb, the walk on guard could get some time in the Bahamas. Pretty basic stuff here - where did this guy come from?

He is a providence fan from the Scout Boneyard site

Reaction Score
I hope all the people who constantly complained about Mike A. are happy with Amore and his coverage of our team.
I certainly am not. His articles are horrible, extremely short and without any substance. He rarely post any interesting articles about the team and has absolutely no knowledge of this team or even the game of basketball. We need Mike back.

Reaction Score
I hope all the people who constantly complained about Mike A. are happy with Amore and his coverage of our team.
I certainly am not. His articles are horrible, extremely short and without any substance. He rarely post any interesting articles about the team and has absolutely no knowledge of this team or even the game of basketball. We need Mike back.
mike aint coming back, he left because it was too much work

Reaction Score
If anyone read deeper in the article this morning, he also mixed up Drummond, Olander, and AO's points and rebounding numbers.

Reaction Score
I've basically stopped reading the courant and gone stricly to the New Haven Register and the Boneyard.
Exactly what I do too. Amore basically writes with casual fan knowledge, and I don't think that's what we're looking for. I find even the people on here are far more knowledgable than him. While Mike Anthony had his faults, he was always professional, thorough, and accurate. With Amore, I feel like I can find at least one or two errors in each article or blog.

Reaction Score
I was recently told by someone who writes for the Courant that all articles are now edited in Chicago (parent company) and the attention to detail has sufferred as a result.

Reaction Score
mike anthony sucked too. there's really no point in reading the courant. you can get much better information here.

Reaction Score
mike anthony sucked too. there's really no point in reading the courant. you can get much better information here.

Well we are a message board community :)

Most of my info, comes from uconnhuskies.com anyways.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Mike was best writer ever on this beat. Plus, his coverage of GHPA was huge. Yes, wish we had him back.

Reaction Score
I find that Phil Chardis of the Journal Inquierer does a pretty good job. His articles have more detail.

Reaction Score
He is a providence fan from the Scout Boneyard site
LOL! Wow! He's making Anthony look like a Pulitzer Prize winner. What was the Courant thinking letting him go and giving his beat to Amore?

Reaction Score
I find that Phil Chardis of the Journal Inquierer does a pretty good job. His articles have more detail.
Yeah, Chardis is the best. He often has more in his articles than the other members of the Horde.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom