amore: stone update | The Boneyard

amore: stone update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's more than a short update. That's better than anything we see from the recruiting web sites.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is tough to report on for a traditional journalist because so much of the information is speculation and conjecture which is probably why the big newspapers only do a few articles. I am not a journalist but most of the stuff on recruiting websites probably wouldn't get by most editors.

Reaction Score
Recruiting is tough to report on for a traditional journalist because so much of the information is speculation and conjecture which is probably why the big newspapers only do a few articles. I am not a journalist but most of the stuff on recruiting websites probably wouldn't get by most editors.

You are 100% correct. Most tos do not really have an editor in a traditional sense.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i cant view it b.c im not a subscriber, what does it say?

Reaction Score
i cant view it b.c im not a subscriber, what does it say?
It was total fluff with no new information about his recruitment if that is what you are looking for. Talked about how he is not a project, a team player, good kid etc. Nothing really new.

Reaction Score
KO is the real deal. He flew out after the Texas loss. Understanding if we lose him , but it won't be lack of trying on KO's part.:):)
Absolutely. The only thing left he could do would be to get a condo out there for days he's not with our team. I feel like it's an uphill fight but KO has certainly left it all out there.

Reaction Score
How much time have we fans spent on this kid? If he comes he appears to be one year, maybe two. If for one year or just two, what 'major' advantage do we give him over Wisconsin?

All I'm saying is that Wisconsin is serious competition. I just hope people here stay calm if he doesn't select us.

Reaction Score
If for one year or just two, what 'major' advantage do we give him over Wisconsin?

A national championship-winning coach? A brand new practice facility? A family of alumni who actually still play in the NBA?

Reaction Score
It was total fluff with no new information about his recruitment if that is what you are looking for. Talked about how he is not a project, a team player, good kid etc. Nothing really new.
While there may n0t be any new information, it sends a clear message that Stone is wanted here. Thanks Dom!

Reaction Score
A national championship-winning coach? A brand new practice facility? A family of alumni who actually still play in the NBA?

Keep going..... remember its for one maybe two years. Even for 3-4 year top recruits that wasn't enough.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just hope people here stay calm if he doesn't select us.
Have you forgotten where you are? If he doesn't choose us it should be considered nothing less than the seventh sign of the apocalypse and the eternal damnation of our basketball program.

Reaction Score
How much time have we fans spent on this kid? If he comes he appears to be one year, maybe two. If for one year or just two, what 'major' advantage do we give him over Wisconsin?

All I'm saying is that Wisconsin is serious competition. I just hope people here stay calm if he doesn't select us.

I don't think we would give him a major advantage in his future. I also don't think anyone on this board doesn't view Wisconsin as serious competition for his services. Not sure what your point here is.

Reaction Score
I don't think we would give him a major advantage in his future. I also don't think anyone on this board doesn't view Wisconsin as serious competition for his services. Not sure what your point here is.
Why can't I have a good pointless rant like any other poster? Anyway I just need to feel a victory.

Please don't hold me to a higher standard. LOL

Reaction Score
Why can't I have a good pointless rant like any other poster? Anyway I just need to feel a victory.

Please don't hold me to a higher standard. LOL
Pointless rants are what have made The Boneyard great or not so great depending who is doing the ranting or the subject of the rant.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We'd probably have an 100% chance of signing Stone if Phil Nolan would stop drawing these god damn charges.

Reaction Score
If Stone chooses Wisconsin it is not a failure of KO or his recruiting staff. From what has been written on this site I think most here are in agreement. For those who disagree I ask what more could he do?

Reaction Score
If Stone chooses Wisconsin it is not a failure of KO or his recruiting staff. From what has been written on this site I think most here are in agreement. For those who disagree I ask what more could he do?

Hypnosis?

Reaction Score
Heres a question: If Ollie fails to land Stone would you call him a good recruiter? I'm sure hes doing the best he can but is he a closer, just not sure yet.

Reaction Score
enuf with playing patty cakes with this student athlete from wisc & flying to cheesy city ever 5 minutes

staff time at this point in process would be better spent bringing a frontline juco or intl jones who can stick the j from 17 and be in storz for minimum 3 yrs

staff needs to understand probabilities (maybe take a UCONN 200 level statistic class) and needs better reads on recruit motives (maybe take a UCONN 200 level psyc class)

Reaction Score
Are Stone and Newman still best buds? Here is a great reason to come here. Both could come in and play significant minutes immediately with a supporting cast that can win a championship. Imagine pulling of that recruiting quinella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom