Americans Abroad | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...manager-maintains-neither-manchester-10744706

Hyndman has been targeted in this window but Fulham's manager won't let him go even though he's available on a free transfer in the summer.

Bedoya, Brooks and Johnson are still playing well. Bedoya has scored two goals in his last two appearances.

Nice picture of Brooks in this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rs-in-europe-and-mexico-fared-this-weekend-2/

Ventura Alvarado is stinking up the show in Mexico. Hopefully Jurgen stops calling him up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...manager-maintains-neither-manchester-10744706

Hyndman has been targeted in this window but Fulham's manager won't let him go even though he's available on a free transfer in the summer.

Bedoya, Brooks and Johnson are still playing well. Bedoya has scored two goals in his last two appearances.

Nice picture of Brooks in this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rs-in-europe-and-mexico-fared-this-weekend-2/

Ventura Alvarado is stinking up the show in Mexico. Hopefully Jurgen stops calling him up.

Imagine Jurgen making good decisions.

Reaction Score
And then's there 'Ace' Ventura Alvarado along with Benny Feilhaber who seems to have been sent away to Castaway Island, permanently.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/...aber-had-chance-us-team-says-jurgen-klinsmann

Benny is my second favorite player to watch in MLS. My favorite was just sold to Qatar.. bummer. Benny is really abrasive, I think Jurgen hates his temperament on the field.

Not defending Alvarado because I can't stand him. But he was coming on really strong last year with Club America so he warranted a look. Sticking with him for so long was a major mistake.

BTW, Yedlin is basically becoming the new Brek Shea, only without the bizarre behavior. He'll be back in MLS this summer. Sunderland has little use for him so you can't see how he would figure in to Tottenham.

Reaction Score
http://www.footytube.com/video/puli...but-15-16-720p-by-guba1a-399803?ref=wv_rel_mp

This kid more than held his own out there. He already belongs at that level, and it's not like he is just a fast athlete with no technical skills. His teammates had no hesitation in passing to him and he actually took on and beat Ingolstadt defenders multiple times.

I like what I saw. Good motor. Good first touch with the ball and seems to have the nose to find the open space.

Two questions? First, why do US players seem to have better 'luck' developing in the Bundesliga than the Premiership? Second, where on the pitch do people see Pulisic playing on the USMNT?

Reaction Score
I like what I saw. Good motor. Good first touch with the ball and seems to have the nose to find the open space.

Two questions? First, why do US players seem to have better 'luck' developing in the Bundesliga than the Premiership? Second, where on the pitch do people see Pulisic playing on the USMNT?

I think he would be suited as a Left midfielder in a Diamond formation. But knowing Jurgen he'll play him at left back:) Only half kidding.

Reaction Score
I think he would be suited as a Left midfielder in a Diamond formation. But knowing Jurgen he'll play him at left back:) Only half kidding.

Maybe with Kiesewetter om the right? Where does Fabian Johnson slot in as he is a natural midfield even though JK likes playing him in a back. A lot of questions to be answered by 2018.

Reaction Score
Maybe with Kiesewetter om the right? Where does Fabian Johnson slot in as he is a natural midfield even though JK likes playing him in a back. A lot of questions to be answered by 2018.

He plays him there because he is dissatisfied with the fullbacks. Which is why he keeps calling in Brad Evans; I guess he just trusts those two.

Reaction Score
He plays him there because he is dissatisfied with the fullbacks. Which is why he keeps calling in Brad Evans; I guess he just trusts those two.

Hopefully the up-and-coming fullbacks change that. I've been a big fan of Kellyn Acosta's for a while. Hope to see him take off with the national team.

Reaction Score
Hopefully the up-and-coming fullbacks change that. I've been a big fan of Kellyn Acosta's for a while. Hope to see him take off with the national team.

Another guy to look out for is Desevio Payne. He's been getting minutes in the Netherlands.

Reaction Score
Not that it helps us on the outside, but have to like Pochettino saying CCV will get bumped up to the senior squad at Spurs soon.

Reaction Score

Love Ale (even though he's a BC Eagle)! Wonder if he's going to eventually end up in MLS at some point soon. Apparently been talking about coming back to the U.S. Linked with the Rapids last month, but that never looked close to happening. Have to wonder, though. Has a couple really young kids. Move home could be good.

Met him and a few of the other guys during the Gold Cup this summer. Really, really nice guy.

Reaction Score
Love Ale (even though he's a BC Eagle)! Wonder if he's going to eventually end up in MLS at some point soon. Apparently been talking about coming back to the U.S. Linked with the Rapids last month, but that never looked close to happening. Have to wonder, though. Has a couple really young kids. Move home could be good.

Met him and a few of the other guys during the Gold Cup this summer. Really, really nice guy.

Bedoya is super critical of MLS. I think he'll stay in Europe for as long as he can until MLS overpays for him to come back.

Reaction Score
Benny is my second favorite player to watch in MLS. Benny is really abrasive, I think Jurgen hates his temperament on the field.
Perhaps not so much in KC, but bouncing around a fair amount any truth to rumors or a report suggesting Feilhaber's viewed as a locker room cancer polar opposite to Stu Holden's all around positive, great guy spirit? The linked article has some funny commentary from Jay DeMerit.

Reaction Score
Bedoya is super critical of MLS. I think he'll stay in Europe for as long as he can until MLS overpays for him to come back.

I think he was expecting the red carpet and didn't get it. He subtweeted MLS a few weeks ago after the Colorado rumors emerged. I agree it probably won't be soon. He did just extend with Nantes last season. We'll see.

Honestly, if he leave Nantes, I'd love to see him join Le Havre if they get promoted. Probably unrealistic, but it'd be cool to see him team up with Bob Bradley again. Bradley have him his first big USMNT chance after the 2010 World Cup.

Reaction Score
Perhaps not so much in KC, but bouncing around a fair amount any truth to rumors or a report suggesting Feilhaber's viewed as a locker room cancer polar opposite to Stu Holden's all around positive, great guy spirit? The linked article has some funny commentary from Jay DeMerit.

Part of me buys this. More of me wants to not believe it. All I know is I suddenly want to watch "The Jay DeMerit Story."

Reaction Score

In KC he was humbled at first. Vermes wouldn't start him because he couldn't go 90 minutes in his system. Which is probably another gig in Jurgen's book. He needed a year to fully adjust. But now he's basically the other Captain on the team. Besler and Benny run the show.

One of the nice things about going to games in person is that you can really see the players communicating out there. Benny is hilarious to watch in this aspect because of his facial expressions. Last season when we often had three rookies on the field at once he spent a good amount of time "mentoring" those guys on the field. Other than that, his ability to dribble in traffic and his downfield vision is something to watch. I wish we had more technical players like that on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom