American Pow6r | The Boneyard

American Pow6r

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Figured we can track the great conference results here.

Coppin State beat ECU on ECU’s home floor by 10 last night.

And, to be fair, UConn lost to St. Joe’s at Gampel earlier this year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The bottom of the AAC, OOC, is a drag on the conference, and completely fixable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The bottom of the AAC, OOC, is a drag on the conference, and completely fixable.

Tulane has certainly fixed itself to some extent. ECU is the main culprit now.

Reaction Score
ECU is hopeless. The rest of the also rans at least have the potential to be decent, with the occasional magical season like UCF last year. Tulsa is usually decent, and Tulane looks to be headed in the right direction. Tulane is one of those programs that occasionally pops up, and becomes relevant for short periods of time. The league looks capable of getting 4 bids with a little luck, maybe even 5 if everything breaks right, as SMU seems to have bounced back. I actually see 9 teams that can realistically dream of a bid at this point. It's the best the league has ever been.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That's the biggest problem with this conference. The top and middle is mostly fine. But the bottom is an absolute disaster every year.

I wouldn't mind if they were just bad. That happens. But, when you're bad, and allowed to schedule even worse? That's the real problem.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tulane has certainly fixed itself to some extent. ECU is the main culprit now.
Tulane has 5 300< teams on their schedule and two <100 teams. They’re winning but it’s not against top teams or anything.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
i really think the aac should just kick out ecu.

would make things way easier for football and we could play a true round robin in basketball (not that 2 extra conference games in this league is actually a good thing)

Reaction Score
August 15, 2019:
I don't think we are going to be a drag on the conference anymore and I expect we should be favored perhaps all of those games (#53 Liberty at home is the toss up I think), and possibly should win nearly all of them which will mitigate some of it's honorificness.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I'll won't judge. It wasn't that long ago that we let an 0-10 Coppin State team come way too close to us, as one of their guys scored what felt like 50.

Reaction Score
I know this thread is meant to diss the fellow AAC members... but Tulane is the real deal. The Utah team that Tulane beat, just took down BYU in OT. That BYU team was also able to go into Houston and beat the cougars. Tulane is going to be a tough game

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

would make things way easier for football and we could play a true round robin in basketball (not that 2 extra conference games in this league is actually a good thing)
They came in as a perennial top 25 football team regarded as one of the best programs outside of the P5 and would routinely beat ACC/SEC teams. Their descent into having yearly one-score games with UConn is pretty mind blowing. If they’re not being a quality football team they bring NOTHING. Maybe they have good soccer and baseball?

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I know this thread is meant to diss the fellow AAC members... but Tulane is the real deal. The Utah team that Tulane beat, just took down BYU in OT. That BYU team was also able to go into Houston and beat the cougars. Tulane is going to be a tough game
Ohhh the transitive property, by this standard weve already lost to indiana, and we better than xavier!

Reaction Score

Kobe they were not suppose to be a full time member they were a football only.
Aresco didn’t like my suggestion to add two BB onlies
like VCU, WSU, or shudder Dayton instead of them .
The AAC BB trajectory would have been a lot higher.as would NCAA revenues.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Kobe they were not suppose to be a full time member they were a football only.
Aresco didn’t like my suggestion to add two BB onlies
like VCU, WSU, or shudder Dayton instead of them .
The AAC BB trajectory would have been a lot higher.as would NCAA revenues.
yea youre right i remember that.

they were initially just fball only but i think that was to try to appease the big east faction of the conference.

i wouldnt be opposed to a vcu olympic sports invite. their university fits the profile of the aac pretty well.

Reaction Score
Ohhh the transitive property, by this standard weve already lost to indiana, and we better than xavier!
And ECU beat Evansville who beat Kentucky...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Tulsa goes down at home to KenPom number 234 Arkansas State.

Relatedly, after ECU’s torrid November and early December, their KenPom ranking is now 270. For reference, Quinnipiac is 269. 271-273 is Fairleigh Dickinson, something called UT Rio Grand Valley and Texas Southern. This is the company we are (for the time being) keeping.

Reaction Score
yea youre right i remember that.

they were initially just fball only but i think that was to try to appease the big east faction of the conference.

i wouldnt be opposed to a vcu olympic sports invite. their university fits the profile of the aac pretty well.
And people here in Richmond talk about hope VCU's football team is undefeated all the time... True story!

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Tulane got crapped on today by Saint Louis. It wasn’t even competitive. Granted, Saint Louis is hovering around top 100 in KenPom so they’re not a bad team but lots of people were wondering if Tulane was for real. Their 227 KenPom ranking might not be climbing that far north as the season goes on after all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom