American offseason power rankings: The AAC's new team is also its best team (CBS Norlander) | The Boneyard

American offseason power rankings: The AAC's new team is also its best team (CBS Norlander)

Reaction Score
CBS Sports CBB‏V @CBSSportsCBB 1h 1 hour ago
We’ve hit the middle section of the offseason. Time to circle back and look at how the big leagues have changed.
American offseason power rankings: The AAC's new team is also its best team

More info/breakdowns in link:

AAC POWER RANKINGS

1 Shockers - Easy call for No. 1. Everybody's back on a team that ranked top-10 in KenPom and was brutally under-seeded in the NCAA Tournament. Let me put it to you like this: Gregg Marshall took one team to a Final Four, had another go undefeated in the regular season, and last year's squad was the highest-rated he's ever had in the computer metrics. The 2017-18 team could wind up better than all of those others.

2 Bearcats - Mick Cronin stays winning. The Bearcats will make the NCAAs with ease. Cane Broom running the offense is going to be one of the most interesting storylines in the conference. He transferred from Sacred Heart , just dominating in complete obscurity. He should have the capability to step up and be a big-time player, but we won't know until we see it. Jarron Cumberland might blossom into a 15-point-per-game player, BTW.

3 Knights - Yep, I think UCF is going to be a single-digit seed. Tacko Fall rightfully gets most of the attention, but B.J. Taylor is a top-five point guard in a very good point guard league. The Knights made the NIT Final Four. Johnny Dawkins enters year No. 2.

4 Huskies - I'll go with the Huskies in the four spot. Kevin Ollie will start to feel the heat if this team isn't good enough to make the NCAAs. Terry Larrier and Jalen Adams must be exceptional in order to get UConn back to national relevance. And the league needs it, too.

then SMU, Houston, Temple, Tulsa, Memphis, ECU, Tulane and USF.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I'd be pretty happy with 4. It's not where we should be but given recent history, 4 would be pretty respectable this year. And it should get us into the tournament where anything is possible.

Reaction Score
I think after Witcha State and Cincy, there are a bunch of teams where things could go either way. UCONN, UCF, SMU, Houston, Temple and maybe Tulsa are in this group.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tulsa has graduated their whole team back to back years right? They have to be real young at this point.

Reaction Score
Actually a pretty decent league 1-7. Plenty of room for quality wins. It's the bottom half that isn't so pretty. Can't lose any of those if we expect to make the tourney

Reaction Score
aac champs or bust
conservative expectations are for those afraid of failure
bleed blue

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member