American Next Year | The Boneyard

American Next Year

Reaction Score
Reading @champs99and04 post from earlier in the day, quickly look at the American next year. While a 2 bid league this year unless another team wins the conference tournament, most teams bring their best players, and a bunch bring in some transfers, and players hurt. Quickly (in order of this years standings).

1. Cincy: loses Caupin, but everyone else should be back. Cane Broom transfers from Sacred Heart. He was the NEC player of the year last year. Tournament team that should be Top 15.

2. SMU: loses Brown and Moore which are big losses. But if Semi Ojeleye returns, they bring back 3 starters, have a decent class coming in, and get Jamal McMurray (from USF standout) halfway through the year. They should be a Top 25 tournament team.

3. Houston: returns their starting backcourt including Rob Gray, but lose Damyean Dotson. If they get some size inside I could see them being a fringe tournament team.

4. Memphis: All about Dedric Lawson. If he returns and they add some depth and 3 point shooting, I see them as a tournament team next year.

5. UCONN: We pray Adams comes back (which he should) and our injured players heal. Plus a nice recruiting class. We should be a Top 25 tournament team next year.

6. Tulsa: They had so many new players this year, I believe the most in the country. They lose one senior. I see them as a good team, but more likely an NIT team.

7. UCF: I think they will be extremely underrated next year. BJ Taylor is a stud, Tacko Fall has come a long way, and they only lose 2 seniors. They have 4 transfers who are eligible to play next year, including Dawkin's kid, who was 3rd in the big ten last year in 3 point shooting. If everything meshes well together, I can see this being a tournament team.

8. Temple: Totally agree with @champs99and04 about Temple. They like us really got hit hard with injuries this year, and have been forced to play a lot of young players. I expect Josh Brown to come back, and they have 4 other guards (including Trey Lowe who has been out all year) who can really play. They need some size inside, but if they can develop Enechionyia I see them not only being a tournament team, but potentially a Top 25 team.

The rest of the league is a problem, but I am holding out USF hires a good solid coach in the off season. Tulane will improve with Dunleavy. I have no hope for East Carolina.

This is a young league this year. We need to hope certain guys stay and I could see this being a 5 bid league next year which would be an improvement this league desperately needs.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Um...this year isn't over yet.

Reaction Score
Reading @champs99and04 post from earlier in the day, quickly look at the American next year. While a 2 bid league this year unless another team wins the conference tournament, most teams bring their best players, and a bunch bring in some transfers, and players hurt. Quickly (in order of this years standings).

1. Cincy: loses Caupin, but everyone else should be back. Cane Broom transfers from Sacred Heart. He was the NEC player of the year last year. Tournament team that should be Top 15.

2. SMU: loses Brown and Moore which are big losses. But if Semi Ojeleye returns, they bring back 3 starters, have a decent class coming in, and get Jamal McMurray (from USF standout) halfway through the year. They should be a Top 25 tournament team.

3. Houston: returns their starting backcourt including Rob Gray, but lose Damyean Dotson. If they get some size inside I could see them being a fringe tournament team.

4. Memphis: All about Dedric Lawson. If he returns and they add some depth and 3 point shooting, I see them as a tournament team next year.

5. UCONN: We pray Adams comes back (which he should) and our injured players heal. Plus a nice recruiting class. We should be a Top 25 tournament team next year.

6. Tulsa: They had so many new players this year, I believe the most in the country. They lose one senior. I see them as a good team, but more likely an NIT team.

7. UCF: I think they will be extremely underrated next year. BJ Taylor is a stud, Tacko Fall has come a long way, and they only lose 2 seniors. They have 4 transfers who are eligible to play next year, including Dawkin's kid, who was 3rd in the big ten last year in 3 point shooting. If everything meshes well together, I can see this being a tournament team.

8. Temple: Totally agree with @champs99and04 about Temple. They like us really got hit hard with injuries this year, and have been forced to play a lot of young players. I expect Josh Brown to come back, and they have 4 other guards (including Trey Lowe who has been out all year) who can really play. They need some size inside, but if they can develop Enechionyia I see them not only being a tournament team, but potentially a Top 25 team.

The rest of the league is a problem, but I am holding out USF hires a good solid coach in the off season. Tulane will improve with Dunleavy. I have no hope for East Carolina.

This is a young league this year. We need to hope certain guys stay and I could see this being a 5 bid league next year which would be an improvement this league desperately needs.
Wait, so you think we will be the 5th best team in the American and also be a top 25 team, that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reaction Score
The American's prospects in the Dance this year look good with Cincy and SMU. So called power 5 big boys should not look forward to them. 2 or 3 more teams of that strength in our league and we might not need to move conferences.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The American's prospects in the Dance this year look good with Cincy and SMU. So called power 5 big boys should not look forward to them. 2 or 3 more teams of that strength in our league and we might not need to move conferences.
Hence why...cough...we invite Wichita State.

Reaction Score

The unfortunate thing with SMU is that they no-showed OOC. Cincinnati didn't exactly tear it up either. I suspect people will remember that when it's time to seed these teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wait, so you think we will be the 5th best team in the American and also be a top 25 team, that doesn't make a lot of sense.
He is commenting on each team based on where they sit in the standings right now
Get it?

Reaction Score
The unfortunate thing with SMU is that they no-showed OOC. Cincinnati didn't exactly tear it up either. I suspect people will remember that when it's time to seed these teams.
This is a huge part of our problem. Teams either schedule right and didn't win a lot of good OOC wins (we have fit that category) or teams schedule no one OOC. We have to schedule better as a league and start winning some of these games. This is one thing the NBE has excelled at the last couple of years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom