American Athletic Conference Divisional Alignment | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference Divisional Alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's such an odd thing to look at. It is what it is, unless somebody with authority says it's not going to be.

I think that UCONN and Memphis State, need to be playing regularly in basketball and football. I think of all the schools we are lumped in with this conference, that school has the most potential to be a rivalry and quick. You can sure as heck bet that the people at Memphis has a chip on their shoulder about beating UCONN on the hardwood already (kind of like we had with WVU about beating them on the gridiron).

If there are going to be football divisions: UCONN, Temple, Navy, East Carolina, Memphis and South Florida. UCONN v. Navy as a conference annual game would be nice to get rolling. UCONN v. USF already has some history, as does UCONN and Temple. Memphis would be a school that could develop something out of the basketball program competition. East Carolina has a rabid fan base that I'm sure would get engaged.

Don't crucify me fellow BY'ers. I'm just trying to be positive.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The East-West Divisional Alignment leading to a championship game will be discussed at the American Spring meetings:

Divisions aside here are some potential geographic rivalries.

UCONN-Temple
East Carolina-Navy(2015)
UCF-USF
Houston-SMU
Tulsa-Tulane
Cincy-Memphis

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...letic-conference-considers-division-alignment

I've argued long and hard for the East-West model to carry the day, and it sounds like it finally will. I'm glad to hear it. I think that it makes a heck of a lot more sense to do that. I know that there was a vocal contingent that wanted to split the Florida teams and split the Texas teams with the divisions, but I think it takes away some of the regional fire that comes from trying to beat the other team in the standings to get to the championship game...

Reaction Score
It's such an odd thing to look at. It is what it is, unless somebody with authority says it's not going to be.

I think that UCONN and Memphis State, need to be playing regularly in basketball and football. I think of all the schools we are lumped in with this conference, that school has the most potential to be a rivalry and quick. You can sure as heck bet that the people at Memphis has a chip on their shoulder about beating UCONN on the hardwood already (kind of like we had with WVU about beating them on the gridiron).

If there are going to be football divisions: UCONN, Temple, Navy, East Carolina, Memphis and South Florida. UCONN v. Navy as a conference annual game would be nice to get rolling. UCONN v. USF already has some history, as does UCONN and Temple. Memphis would be a school that could develop something out of the basketball program competition. East Carolina has a rabid fan base that I'm sure would get engaged.

Don't crucify me fellow BY'ers. I'm just trying to be positive.

Yeah, I know what you mean Carl. I want the B1G or the ACC too but you gotta love the one your with!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
As long as Cincinnati, USF, Temple remain annual games, I really don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom