American Athletic Conference could be headed to Dallas/Fort Worth | The Boneyard

American Athletic Conference could be headed to Dallas/Fort Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/colleg...n-athletic-conference-headed-dallasfort-worth

>>If the American Athletic Conference decides to leave its current home _ a topic that conference officials have been considering _ then the league's new headquarters will likely be in the Dallas area.

The American's potential move was a persistent rumor among attendees of the Division IA Athletic Directors' meetings on Monday and Tuesday at the Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center.

Chuck Sullivan, assistant commissioner (communications) for the American, confirmed that league officials are exploring a possible relocation but said a decision was not imminent. He said if the American decides to leave Providence, R.I., "Dallas would probably be at the top of the list."

Conversations in AD circles had the American, which includes SMU and Houston, setting up shop in the same building as the College Football Playoff headquarters on East John Carpenter Freeway in Irving. The area near DFW International Airport is also home to the Big 12 and Conference USA, which are located across Hwy. 114 from the CFP. The NCAA and other conferences routinely hold meetings in the area.<<

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I honestly never thought of that as a possible relocation for the league offices- but it makes a ton of sense. Why they remained in Providence after the Big (L)east split was beyond me. I say move to Texas!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this. I live 20 minutes from the Big 12 and Conf USA HQs in Las Colinas, and if the AAC moves there I might encourage my son to apply for an internship if they offer one. He's a a first semester junior at TAMU majoring in Sports Management and his curriculum plan requires an internship during his junior or senior year. Hmm, interesting.

Reaction Score
As long as we are in the AAC, I'd prefer the conference is in a location that smells of BIG time with some other conferences as well as CFB playoff headquarters. Better let as may people west of the Hudson river know the conference exists.

Providence smells of small time environment.

Reaction Score
HQ should be

[] in or near major city
[] in or near major airport/hub
[] in your geographical footprint
[] all of the things Providence is not/never will be

Reaction Score
I would have preferred NYC but it's 2015 and with everything being just a mouse click away why not Dallas. Like others have said UConn is a member that has their overcoat draped over one arm and a suitcase still unpacked. Put it in Cowboys country, put it in Mickey Mouse land, just don't put it in Hartford. That would send a message some in the Boneyard could never get past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom