OT: - Amazon Music / stupid shuffle | The Boneyard

OT: Amazon Music / stupid shuffle

Reaction Score
Amazon Music has recently added more music to their catalog. But they seem to be forcing you to by Amazon Music Unlimited if you don't want to automatically shuffle your playlist. It's terrible, you can even select a song anymore on your playlist without it going into a suffle with another song from the genre. Garbage. I am not a big music junkie where I want to pay for a music app, but I don't like playing my music when I am hosting a party or playing billiards. Annoying! I'd hate to swing over to a new app but what's another free app that you guys use for music?

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the other music apps are the same way where you have to pay to not have it on shuffle. I know for a fact Spotify is like that and I believe same with Apple Music

Reaction Score
I like Spotify. Got the free version first, then decided to pay for the upgrade.

Reaction Score
I pay for Amazon Music Unlimited and even still there are similar issues. I had a 3 hour drive to a Rammstein concert, so I wanted to shuffle their catalog. After about 15 songs or so, it started shuffling in similar artists, even though there were dozens of Rammstein songs that hadn't been played yet. Very frustrating.

Reaction Score
1669241057146.gif

Reaction Score
I hate what they have done to the app. I was so used to play music on shuffle and now when you try to select a song to play, the app won't play that song, it goes to another song in the Playlist unless you pay the premium. Sucks

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's Amazon, it's as bad as Apple
Spotify is so much better and for us jam band nuts, Nugs.net is best

Reaction Score
Pandora has a free version with commercials but I “splurged” for the $5 a month to avoid them.

Reaction Score
Spotify family premium spilt amongst family or friends is the only way to go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why is music supposed to be free but we pay for 40,000 tv streaming services?

What is best apo to play music you have downloaded on your phone?

Legally purchased and owned, just need an app to play it.

Reaction Score
I have Amazon Music through my Prime membership. If I could choose an album to listen to, I wouldn't mind the shuffle so much, but after two or three songs, if shuffles to other artists. Amazon does a lot of things well, but their music platform isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Spotify. Got the free version first, then decided to pay for the upgrade.
Me too.

I like it that at the bottom of the page, Spotify suggests similar artists whose music you can hear if you click on the artist's name.

Sonos also recognizes Spotify and other music sources.

Unlike Pandora, you can choose what songs you want to hear and create your own playlists.

I highly recommend Spotify.

Reaction Score
What is best apo to play music you have downloaded on your phone?

Legally purchased and owned, just need an app to play it.
See my posting below on Spotify.

You can share the music on your playlists with another Spotify user assuming he has the paid version.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the feedback everyone. Looks like I may be switching over to Spotify, have to create about 12 new playlists lists with around 890 songs. :-/
Two more points about Spotify.

Once you have selected a song from your created
playlist, you can right mouse that song and click Go to Song Radio, and it will give you a list of similar sounding songs. You can choose any of these or none of these, to add to your playlist.

For example, I have a Tom Petty song, 105 degrees, and did the above and it showed a list of similar songs, from other artists.

Spotify has an Enhance button which will auto select new songs to add to your playlists based upon your selected songs. I don't like this feature because many of the Enhanced songs were not really to my liking. You can reverse it once selected though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom