Amazing College Hoops world - Emoni Bates pleads guilty to gun charge .. 18 month probation but No Suspension.. just keeps on playing.. | The Boneyard

Amazing College Hoops world - Emoni Bates pleads guilty to gun charge .. 18 month probation but No Suspension.. just keeps on playing..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is an example of why I keep saying that sooner or later the Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Duke, Rice schools will form their own conference. As college sports morphs to a true minor league, there will be more and more of these criminal events that result in virtually no discipline of the player. I don't see the elite academic schools going along with that. Reputationally it is just not worth it for them to have criminals on campus, they don't need the money, and they won't like the uneven playing field of their conference mates using players like this.

Reaction Score
The time for a suspension should have been earlier in the year when this situation happened. The sentencing should'nt really change anything.

Reaction Score
This is an example of why I keep saying that sooner or later the Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Duke, Rice schools will form their own conference. As college sports morphs to a true minor league, there will be more and more of these criminal events that result in virtually no discipline of the player. I don't see the elite academic schools going along with that. Reputationally it is just not worth it for them to have criminals on campus, they don't need the money, and they won't like the uneven playing field of their conference mates using players like this.

Duke is not joining a conference with Rice dude

Reaction Score
Not to defend Bates too much, but the car wasn't his, and he claims he had no idea there was a gun in the car. Is that complete BS? Maybe, but if it's true all he really did was run a red light.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Not to defend Bates too much, but the car wasn't his, and he claims he had no idea there was a gun in the car. Is that complete BS? Maybe, but if it's true all he really did was run a red light.
People die when you run a red light. I've been hit. It's not something to be dismissive about...

Reaction Score
People die when you run a red light. I've been hit. It's not something to be dismissive about...
My apologies. I didn't mean to be dismissive about it. But is it something that a kid should be kicked out of college for?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom