amazing article on Boston includes Uconn | The Boneyard

amazing article on Boston includes Uconn

Reaction Score
read this on the athletic, not sure if behind a paywall but basically when she called Dawn Staley she was in tears and Dawn was just waiting for the eventual "no" to her committing to SC, but instead Alijah was crying because she had just gotten off the phone with the Uconn coaching staff telling them no. She said it was hard to say no to Uconn because the people that recruited were so wonderful and thoughtful to her. I know there's a lot of people that resent her not pick Uconn, even heard a comment posted that "she is dead to that fan" but I have nothing but positive things to say about her.

Reaction Score
She is a wonderful person. Having said that, Go UConn!!!

Mascot Jonathan GIF by UConn Huskies

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Boston was truly the one that got away. She and her aunt attended so many games at Storrs, just a short trip from her home away from home in nearby Worcester, MA, that she appeared to be a lock for the Huskies. Even after her decision to attend SC, Boston showed up at UConn’s games during the holiday tournament in her native St Thomas.

Reaction Score
Boston was truly the one that got away. She and her aunt attended so many games at Storrs, just a short trip from her home away from home in nearby Worcester, MA, that she appeared to be a lock for the Huskies. Even after her decision to attend SC, Boston showed up at UConn’s games during the holiday tournament in her native St Thomas.
I've said this so many times, I always wonder how much impact Dawn Staley being associated with the USA team had influence.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy to fantasize about the alternate reality where both Boston and Jones selected Uconn. A team with Paige, Azzi, Jones, and Boston would’ve been quite something to behold. But it’s Good for the game that the talent is spread out and creates a compelling product.

Reaction Score
I've said this so many times, I always wonder how much impact Dawn Staley being associated with the USA team had influence.
None. Aliyah just hit it off with Dawn. She said Dawn had done everything she wanted to do, she loved how A’ja improved and grew outside of basketball, and loved the big college. Dawn was also the choice for her parents but they didn’t tell Aliyah that until she told them her choice.

Reaction Score
read this on the athletic, not sure if behind a paywall but basically when she called Dawn Staley she was in tears and Dawn was just waiting for the eventual "no" to her committing to SC, but instead Alijah was crying because she had just gotten off the phone with the Uconn coaching staff telling them no. She said it was hard to say no to Uconn because the people that recruited were so wonderful and thoughtful to her. I know there's a lot of people that resent her not pick Uconn, even heard a comment posted that "she is dead to that fan" but I have nothing but positive things to say about her.
I am still trying to figure out why grown folks (many with children of their own), always take the time to tear down other people's kids. Are they that unhappy? Anyway, Boston fits nicely into SCar's game plan, but UCONN has the players who wanted to, and are happy to be a part of Geno's success. Go Huskies!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am still trying to figure out why grown folks (many with children of their own), always take the time to tear down other people's kids. Are they that unhappy? Anyway, Boston fits nicely into SCar's game plan, but UCONN has the players who wanted to, and are happy to be a part of Geno's success. Go Huskies!
I suppose people feel guilty tearing down their own kids, so they hate other people's to compensate for that. ;)

Reaction Score
It was cultural. SC sold her mom and Alijah culturally. She could relate better to that environment.
This is correct. But is it a "good" thing? There are so many successful people that say how important it is to get out of your comfort zone and/or to broaden your horizons. In the end, I view this a lot like the Della Donne situation and, yes, she is dead to me. And I hope we make her cry again tonight. But I am a terrible human being and awful fan. It is just the opinion of this one monster and does not reflect the opinion of all the wonderful fans on this forum.:eek::confused::rolleyes:;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom