Amari DeBerry...question | The Boneyard

Amari DeBerry...question

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Granted she is real young...a rising soph....but a question for those who sure seemed to be at the trials for 17U...should we be a bit surprised that she didn't make it? My sense is that USABasketball generally tries to combine a bit of the future in their selections...just to get elite level kids familiar with international tourneys.

Example?? Christyn Williams making the 19U squad last summer as a rising senior.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Toss in a couple of unrelated questions:

Was there a Geno-sighting out there?
Is Mikayla Coombs on campus for summer session #1?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Granted she is real young...a rising soph....but a question for those who sure seemed to be at the trials for 17U...should we be a bit surprised that she didn't make it? My sense is that USABasketball generally tries to combine a bit of the future in their selections...just to get elite level kids familiar with international tourneys.

Example?? Christyn Williams making the 19U squad last summer as a rising senior.
Not surprised DiBerry did not the team because this was her first experience with USA basketball. She sent a very gracious thank you note to the committee thanking then for the experience. She'll be back at USA basketball and probably a fixture on future teams. As far USA basketball putting a bit of "future" in the selections that would be Azzi Fudd who is the same class as DiBerry and already a USA basketball fixture.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She's a 2021 trying out against '19s and '20s. Sure, Fudd made it but she is sort of, to borrow from the Tour de France "Hors catégorie" - beyond categorization.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She's a 2021 trying out against '19s and '20s. Sure, Fudd made it but she is sort of, to borrow from the Tour de France "Hors catégorie" - beyond categorization.
Yep, there she is wearing yellow. :cool:

17.jpg

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Yep, there she is wearing yellow. :cool:

17.jpg
Not to start another height 'argument', but she looks sort of short standing next to Skylar. When was that picture taken?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

Haley Jones didn't make the cut until this year, and she's tearing it up. MoJeff's slow start with USA basketball was also brought up in a few threads. As long as Amari keeps a good attitude, she's fine. And as Coco pointed out, she seems to be taking it well. She just needs to channel her disappointment into working harder and learning more.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The thing with bigs is they take a little longer to develop. It takes a while for their brains to catch up with their growth and athleticism. As others have said, Haley Jones, Ms. #1 didn't make the cut until this year. Give Amari a minute, she'll get there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom