am i the only one | The Boneyard

am i the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
that wants all the schools in this new conference to be all sports?
i dont care about numbers, i dont care who they are (actually i do, but for this argument it doesnt matter), just get the best programs at this point.
split into east and west and lets play...

if we have 8 and 8, we should be able to minimize travel.

it seems to diminish the league if only some play fb while others play bb. i also think the schools out west that may be coming are more exciting (fresno, boise, unlv, byu, sdsu vs ecu, tulane, smu)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yes i want the b10 for all sports

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It has to be all sports. It should be East/West and 8x8. We can quibble about teams but we should go for the best of the rest for FB, target markets, have a robust footprint (tex and fla being the only duplicated states/areas) and we should not ignore hoops profile. Those NCAA credits can bring in some serious ducats.

East

UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
USF
UCF
ECU
Team X

West

Boise St
BYU
SDSU
Fresno
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Team Y

East has better hoops so maybe you look for a school with a better FB profile but will be competitive in hoops. West can use a boost from a quality hoops program so maybe UNLV or New Mexico gets the call. I think that building a new league and allowing some "onlies" to populate it is a major mistake and is simply repeating bad history. Everyone has to be pulling in the same direction and "onlies" won't or, by nature, can't.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Two primary features come to mind when I envision an athletic conference: logical geography and a shared set of goals.

No matter what, the geography will be a joke, we know that. That leaves only shared needs and priorities wherever possible. Therefore, sectarian conflict between "Sport A" schools and "Sport B" schools cannot be tolerated anymore. Period.

Reaction Score
It has to be all sports. It should be East/West and 8x8. We can quibble about teams but we should go for the best of the rest for FB, target markets, have a robust footprint (tex and fla being the only duplicated states/areas) and we should not ignore hoops profile. Those NCAA credits can bring in some serious ducats.

East

UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
USF
UCF
ECU
Team X

West

Boise St
BYU
SDSU
Fresno
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Team Y

East has better hoops so maybe you look for a school with a better FB profile but will be competitive in hoops. West can use a boost from a quality hoops program so maybe UNLV or New Mexico gets the call. I think that building a new league and allowing some "onlies" to populate it is a major mistake and is simply repeating bad history. Everyone has to be pulling in the same direction and "onlies" won't or, by nature, can't.
i think this is the lineup... pull tulsa east, add unlv and either nevada or new mexico...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The Sun Beast prophecy is coming true. Uconnbaseball, are you Mayan?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The above lineups drop Tulane. Can we do that?

This is one of the reasons I say let the C7 have the BE name. This allows this new conference to be formed without having to honor any prior commitments. A complete re-roll, if you will. Start from scratch and build the best conference you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom