Am I seeing things? | The Boneyard

Am I seeing things?

Reaction Score
Please tell me that’s not orange on Mora’s UConn gear and the logo in the background . It’s got to be a trick of the light, right?

I'm more disturbed by what looks like a photoshopped baseball cap

Reaction Score
I refereed intramural hockey in college from 10:30 PM until 12:30 AM for $4/hour to get beer money. Is that Mora’s intent as well and is that still the going rate?
Please tell me this was UConn in the early 80's. Our games were NHL Level! Sorry - derailed :(

Reaction Score
He wore the Hook C for the Syracuse game.

Coach Mora is all in on UCONN 100% for whatever reason. I love his passion and his energy and the yarders should be giving him the Madden treatment. Steve Madden. With the Umpa Lumpas. What better time than now.

1663732951366.png

Reaction Score
Please tell me this was UConn in the early 80's. Our games were NHL Level! Sorry - derailed :(
Now I’m really bummed out. This was the early 90s at a D1 hockey school. If the going rate was $4/hour in the early 80s, I was getting screwed. Should have made at least $4.50/hour. Imagine all the additional Busch Lights I could have afforded!

Reaction Score
Now I’m really bummed out. This was the early 90s at a D1 hockey school. If the going rate was $4/hour in the early 80s, I was getting screwed. Should have made at least $4.50/hour. Imagine all the additional Busch Lights I could have afforded!
You got what was coming to you for drinking light lager. Grow up, laddie!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I can’t point fingers given that many “red, white, and blues” (the generic brand of Paps Blue Ribbon) were consumed during my college years.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can’t point fingers given that many “red, white, and blues” (the generic brand of Paps Blue Ribbon) were consumed during my college years.
Well, nothing wrong with PBR when a student. It is light beer that I object to.

I came back to the US after being in Africa for two years in the Peace Corps. In the interim they had invented light "beer". (Everyone was also using CB's in their cars, quite the culture shock.) Nice graphics on the cans, I think it was Miller, and unsuspecting I picked up a six. What a huge mistake!! Drank the whole six that night and was amazed I could do that. Then I looked at the can more closely and vowed to not make that mistake again in the future.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That was pretty much the go to my senior year. If I remember correctly a case cost about $5.50 (plus tax & deposit). This was however 1981-1982 dollars so you can adjust for inflation.

On rare occasion you could find Carling Black Label for about $5.20 a case. Wasn't any better but offer a change of pace.

It may have been due to being young and stupid but back then we thought those (very cheap) beers tasted better warm, in the morning than they did when we drank them cold in the evening.

Reaction Score
That was pretty much the go to my senior year. If I remember correctly a case cost about $5.50 (plus tax & deposit). This was however 1981-1982 dollars so you can adjust for inflation.

On rare occasion you could find Carling Black Label for about $5.20 a case. Wasn't any better but offer a change of pace.
Mix in Genesee Cream Ale w/ the RW&B/CBL

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Mix in Genesee Cream Ale w/ the RW&B/CBL
Back in the day (40+ years ago) we called Genny cream ale "recycled beer".

Our tastebuds were far from discerning in those days but that was one we never tried a second time.

Do you remember Matt's beer balls?

Reaction Score
Old German, Usually warm :(

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

It may have been due to being young and stupid but back then we thought those (very cheap) beers tasted better warm, in the morning than they did when we drank them cold in the evening.
Lol those bad boys were hard enough to put down with a chill. Drinking him warm his hair of the dog… I tip my to you my friend.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
If we didn't want kegs, we would get beer balls and bring them to our rooms. For the younger folks, the drinking age in CT was 18 prior to 1982 when it went up to 19 then 20 in 1983 and 21 in 1984. Made for some fun transitions at UConn at the time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Please tell me that’s not orange on Mora’s UConn gear and the logo in the background . It’s got to be a trick of the light, right?

The light in the photo is playing tricks on you.

There is a Husky Dog logo directly behind his right arm where the outline is the same color as the band on the sleeve. You know the outline is red. Therefore the sleeve band is red.

Reaction Score
Busch Light in high school
Falstaff in college
Golden Anniversary in grad school

Affordability was key. I used Busch Light in my example because I thought it was the funniest. Sorry if I offended you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom