Aly Beebe Stanford Medically Retires | The Boneyard

Aly Beebe Stanford Medically Retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Blog - Link

While it might be medically necessary, I'm sure Stanford did it for Scholarship reasons.

UCLA also lost Kori Korver for the year due to injury.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Blog - Link

While it might be medically necessary, I'm sure Stanford did it for Scholarship reasons.

UCLA also lost Kori Korver for the year due to injury.
Not sure Stanford wanting the scholarship is the reason. At some point, and the link says this is #3, you have to start thinking about the rest of your life and just get on with it. She has never played for the team and it sounds like she has spent most of her time just rehabbing. CD at least had a chance to play some before the knee went the second and third times.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Man, that was hard to read... Also the content is never good to hear. Best of luck to her.

Does her retiring give them a scholarship?

Reaction Score
It does mention that she has her education to fall back on. That might mean that they perhaps might honor her scholarship. Cal had a recruit who's heart condition kept her from even making it to her freshman preseason camp, but they still honored her scholarship and she graduated this past year. Of course Stanford seems to be hurting for Schollies so we will see. This is a killer for Stanford because they were really counting on Beebe. The Pac 12 will not be easy for the Cards this year and it sure doesn't look good for them once Chiney graduates.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Feel really badly for the kid. She must have had all kinds of hoops hopes and dreams entering college as she was a top 10 kid, but after 3 years, I can't blame her for her decision. Best of luck to her and I hope she puts her education to good use.
Well said, Eric
Feel really badly for the kid. She must have had all kinds of hoops hopes and dreams entering college as she was a top 10 kid, but after 3 years, I can't blame her for her decision. Best of luck to her and I hope she puts her education to good use.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was just checking out Stanford's roster and it's interesting to me that both Kokenis and Beebe have retired from the team for health reasons yet Beebe's name is no longer on their roster but Kokenis' is.

I wonder if Beebe is going the retirement route as Cokie Reed from UT handled it this past season and if Kokenis wanted to be apart of the team since she is a senior and has been more impactful for the program?

I don't know, all speculation. Either way both those girls are gifted in the classroom and athletically and will go to do some pretty great things after school I'm sure.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My count, that gives them 15 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons. But I don't see the walk-ons listed now???

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Didn't they say Ruef's final year (this year) she would pay her own way?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wikipedia has 16, with Briana Roberson noted as a walk-on. Who is your 17th?
Here's the names I got....though don't recall where I got them. (I think from their website?? But awhile ago)

SR - James, Ogwumike, Ruef (Kokonis retired)
JR - Orrange, Greenfield, BSamuelson, Payne
SO - Green, Picnell, Camp (Lakhian w/o, Ebersole w/o)
FR - McCall, Johnson, KSamuelson, Thompson, Roberson

Beebe retired

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Didn't they say Ruef's final year (this year) she would pay her own way?

Yes

(Although that article preceded the Beebe situation, so may be moot.)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Very insightful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer