Always a UConn fan, but no longer a college football fan | The Boneyard

Always a UConn fan, but no longer a college football fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Through thick and thin (been a lot of that lately) I am a UConn football fan. But I can no longer say I am a college football fan. The corporate media conglomerates have taken over football, and for better or worse college football is not the same sport I grew to love. Perhaps I am too old to adapt to the new era in of conference realignment, and I don't doubt that I would feel differently if UConn was in a power 5 conference. But I don't care a whit about FSU, Alabama or Ohio State or the rest of the media darlings. Ohio State vs. Michigan - could care less, Alabama vs. Texas - meh, I will leave those teams to their own fans. I follow UConn and only the teams in whatever conference they are in. I enjoyed (or used to) regional rivalry's, but at least in reference to UConn, those are all gone. I will not watch any FBS bowl game and will not miss any of them. GO UCONN.

Reaction Score
I agree, but more because college football is awful as a product. It's one big gimmick. This Auburn-Mizzou game is a great example, it'a like watching a bad high school game.

I like the tailgates, the hot southern belles, but the product itself is garbage.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"If it's not UCONN, it's crap" is growing much more appealing to me with each passing week that we're stuck in this garbage conference. When I see BC, Rutty, Cuse, Pitt, etc get invites out of Shawshank while we are left playing against Memphis, I throw up in my mouth.

Reaction Score
I agree, but more because college football is awful as a product. It's one big gimmick. This Auburn-Mizzou game is a great example, it'a like watching a bad high school game.

I like the tailgates, the hot southern belles, but the product itself is garbage.

Other than UConn, I am down on the rest of college football and don't watch anywhere near as much as I use to. Primary reason, is that UConn has been so badly screwed by CR that I'd like to see the whole system blown up and told to start over - and ESPN and the other networks kept out of it, other than here are the games you've got on you schedule, take it or leave it.

As for the product, I disagree. Wide open offenses and lots of scoring. Exciting for fans. Unfortunately it's been a concept that has been slow to reach UConn but after today, may be there is hope.

Reaction Score
If it didn't have, by a country mile, the most uniteresting, irrelevant, and unexciting postseason in all of organized sports, it'd be a lot more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom