Altice v. Disney | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Altice v. Disney

Reaction Score
Who's really holding the channel hostage?

Disney is just as capable of caving to Altice's demands as Altice is at caving to Disney's.

Disney/ESPN has a fading product that they would like to charge even more money for - and they want Altice to include the SEC Network and ACC Network in their basic packages.

The closest SEC school to this area Kentucky. The closest ACC school is in Boston. I don't want to pay for those, so I'm all for Altice holding out.
The one that gets the show to me, or not, is the one I blame. Sorry cable companies, but you’re it.

Reaction Score
I always complain that I pay for 376 channels and watch six or seven....

When they stop bundling all of this crap together (from Jewish studies to Rachel Ray to Mysteries at the Museum), some channels will go away or be very expensive, since they would have to be amortized among a much smaller actual audience.

Right now, ESPN is a deal as far as their actual monthly cost to the cable and satellite package, considering their massive sports content and investment....To compare, I pay $4.99 a month to stream old BBC shows via Acorn TV.

As maybe a portent of the future, Direct TV has announced a new a la carte package...a Family Package of 8 ad supported channels..(DIY Network, cartoons, Soap Net, Biography Channel, etc) for $5.00 a month.

I suspect that if only those of us who actually want to watch ESPN or Fox Sports are charged a la carte, the cost might rise to as much as $30 per month...and I would pay for ESPN.........Fox Sports? I don't think I'd pay that much.

Reaction Score
The sad part of that is that a la carte money paid to ESPN will still go to subsidizing the ACCN. So even is someone wanted ESPN only, they are still paying for the ACCN and I don't want to pay for the ACCN. No UConn, No ACCN for me and if it means no ESPN, then so be it. I would pay for UConn games a la carte if I could escape network subscribing.

Reaction Score
Yep...depending on what you watch...you may not like paying for a channel.

Now I hate paying for Fox...I do not want Big Ten, BTN, Big 12 nor PAC 12 coverage.

None of which are very important in the southeast.

I do want bowl coverage.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I only want this exact station at this exact time and I don’t want to be charged anything for it.

Reaction Score
i LOVED at&t Uverse. Then felt lucky as I escaped most of the problems others felt immediately after the switch to Frontier. I started having issues this past April and got sucked into the Frontier vortex. I have found their customer service people really want to help but they are so incompetent that things keep getting worse. I'm getting very close to cutting the cord.
Loved uverse. Frontier was terrible off the rip. Could not keep an connection for sheet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom