Alterique Gilbert: Georgia's Gatorade Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert: Georgia's Gatorade Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Congrats, Alterique. Sounds like a high character guy in addition to a great player. I can't wait until he gets to Storrs. Too bad we don't have him this season. We could use another ball handler in the tourney.

Reaction Score
I went over to 247 today for the first time in my life. What I discovered is interesting. For every kid we have coming in next year, their ranking of the kid was below the composite and, I believe, was the lowest ranking out there. Awfully suspect "coincidence". We have already seen the ESPN guys drop our recruits multiple spots and remove a star literally the day after a kid commits to us. Are any of these rankings even close to not being biased? I know they are all suspect in regards to accuracy and should be taken with a grain of salt but many also all seem to be biased in a major way.

On Gilbert, I know a good high school coach down there and a coach at a D2 school and they both love the kid. These coaches are directors at one of the best camps out there which focuses on character and mental toughness. I don't know if we should expect an immediate impact but it sounds like this kid will eventually be a major contributor.

Reaction Score
I went over to 247 today for the first time in my life. What I discovered is interesting. For every kid we have coming in next year, their ranking of the kid was below the composite and, I believe, was the lowest ranking out there. Awfully suspect "coincidence". We have already seen the ESPN guys drop our recruits multiple spots and remove a star literally the day after a kid commits to us. Are any of these rankings even close to not being biased? I know they are all suspect in regards to accuracy and should be taken with a grain of salt but many also all seem to be biased in a major way.

On Gilbert, I know a good high school coach down there and a coach at a D2 school and they both love the kid. These coaches are directors at one of the best camps out there which focuses on character and mental toughness. I don't know if we should expect an immediate impact but it sounds like this kid will eventually be a major contributor.
Can't you guys come up with some different conspiracy theories? These same ones over and over get tiresome.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the kind of kid that will cut down some nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom